Impeachment open thread

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 4,358 Senior Member

thoughts here.

We really haven't talked much about it.

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,788 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #2

WSJ editors had this right months ago. Congress should have voted to censure.

And Pelosi hates Trump. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member

If you ever yelled Lock Her Up, you need to STHU.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

This was value added. Anyway, not me.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Good stuff. Really added to the conversation.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,901 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #11

@MikeA said:
    Malarkey!

We'll have none of that...

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,358 Senior Member

@Steven said:

lol. Well, I guess we know where Comic stands.

edited December 2019 #13

Stocks surge after jobs report crushes expectations

Jobs Growth Surges In November, Beating Wall Street Expectations

U.S. stocks end at all-time highs, major indexes clinch 10th record close of November

Dems ~Impeach the MF'er!

@Steven said:

There is no point in the conversation with a bunch of hypocrites who were wanting Hillary locked up over emails and then let this guy slide on bribery and eliciting help in an election from foreign governments. If this were Obama the impeachment would have happened already and every Republican would vote to remove him from office and they wouldn't even need to prove quid pro quo.

So enjoy your backslapping session.

The articles of impeachment don't include a charge of bribery. Couldn't make that square peg fit the round hole, I guess.

Really when were the articles written up?

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

There is no point in the conversation with a bunch of hypocrites who were wanting Hillary locked up over emails and then let this guy slide on bribery and eliciting help in an election from foreign governments. If this were Obama the impeachment would have happened already and every Republican would vote to remove him from office and they wouldn't even need to prove quid pro quo.

So enjoy your backslapping session.

Well, there is a point though. If you want him removed, you are going to have to make your case for that.

And hypocrisy is part of the human condition. You think we forgot about the dems' response to Bill Clinton's impeachment?

@fishingcomic said:

today.

Apples and Oranges.

@sherb said:
    Well, there is a point though. If you want him removed, you are going to have to make your case for that.

And hypocrisy is part of the human condition. You think we forgot about the dems' response to Bill Clinton's impeachment?

Felonies aren't impeachable offenses if you're just lying about having an inappropriate relationship with an intern.

@sherb said:

@fishingcomic said:

today.

From what I am seeing they have not been released. Maybe Fox news is saying something different.

@Steven said:

@sherb said:

Felonies aren't impeachable offenses if you're just lying about having an inappropriate relationship with an intern.

Well if you were for impeaching Clinton, you are a bigger hypocrite. Because his behavior was not a threat to our democracy.

Can someone show me the article where the articles of impeachment have been drafted and released? Because I cannot find it anywhere.

Comic's right on this. No articles yet. I thought Nancy's statement was referencing them. Maybe not.

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

@sherb said:

Well if you were for impeaching Clinton, you are a bigger hypocrite. Because his behavior was not a threat to our democracy.

Too overwrought. Like Nancy comparing Trump to King George.

You wear your hypocricy well. If this were Barack or Hillary you would be wailing and gnashing your teeth.

Sorry, thought I read that they had been released today.

@fishingcomic said:
    You wear your hypocricy well. If this were Barack or Hillary you would be wailing and gnashing your teeth.

Yeah, because I'd be so worried about a threat to our democracy.

If they were seeking the involvement of a foreign government in our election, you bet your a ss you would. Remember the buddhist monks?

How to destroy a democracy according to the left.
    1. Get the economy booming at historic highs
    2. Pass along tax savings to all your constituents
    3. Get the Jobs market booming at historic highs.
    4. NM. This is never going to work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.