So, how was everyone’s Thanksgiving?

ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 26 Junior Member

Hope everyone ate much good food, drank a bit if that’s your thing, and enjoyed the company you shared.

Snowed like a mo-fo here. 20” total at the house so far. Turkey day holiday was good as well.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,373 Senior Member

Spent most of Wednesday getting winter tires on the car. It was worth it. I had a great Thanksgiving with my dad. No pumkin pie though. I think I will have to get some today.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,576 Senior Member

Both kids were working, so had some friends over for the day. It was nice with lots of good food.
    Wish I would have had a Traeger 15 years ago, that sucker makes the best turkey.

No pumpkin pie here either, Pecan and Apple. I agree, might have to buy one with squirt can whip cream.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,039 Senior Member

Tuesday was our 15th anniversary, so we went away for a four day mini second honeymoon. Returned Wednesday evening and had Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's place in MD, just outside the District.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,074 Senior Member

Good. Saw some family I don't get to see often, including my newest grandnephew (11 months old).

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GreenMtBoy2GreenMtBoy2 Posts: 23 Junior Member
    edited December 1 #6

Had a good get together with family at my nephew’s place about a two hour drive away. Otherwise been doing some deer hunting around my place (I don’t have to drive anywhere). We have a thin layer of snow that is crusty and noisy. It has been cold for this time of year-ten degrees this morning.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,140 Senior Member

Very good. Took off most of the week to Hunt. Then tagged out on opening day. So I scouted all week. My kids did dinner for the first time and it was pretty pretty good. Hope everyone else had a great holiday.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,074 Senior Member

Replied to soon. Saturday evening, after posting that Thanksgiving day was good, my best friend passed out and fell backwards. Probably from grogginess from just waking up and low blood sugar. He also has a heart problem. I called 911 while his wife checked his blood sugar and tried to keep him responding to us.

The doc at the hospital couldn't find anything wrong including serious injury from the fall. He did get a large knot on his head that went down after a several hours. I told him he needs to call a contractor and check that he didn't crack the house's foundation when his head smacked the floor.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,599 Senior Member

Bears won. Trubisky finally threw for over 300 yards.

Otherwise, Meh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.