BIL Thanksgiving for Shawn

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,331 Senior Member
edited November 27 in The Lodge #1

Well Shawn I thought I was going to be off the hook this year. My wife's sister and her family are going to his families in Kansas. I thought I would have zero material for you. Turns out you don't have to go without.

So they've known they are going for months now. My wife is going to feed their cat while they are gone. So SIL has told BIL take the key over for like a good week (her car is broken down).

Why would he do that ahead of time when he could do it tonight after we had over a foot of snow. The main roads are fine I had to take wife to an appointment earlier today (PRK) and it wasn't a problem. My neighborhood sucks. We live on a fairly good incline and in the 12+ years we've lived here I think our street has been plowed exactly once (and that was a few days later when they had nothing else to do). He has some brand new little mazda or hyundai or something that is 2 wheel drive. Got about half way up the road.

I spent about 20 minutes digging him out. It was loads of fun, surprised that car is as heavy as it is.

Get back home and I asked wife, why couldn't they have just left key under mat and you could have gone their tomorrow.

At least there is bourbon to drown my sorrows.

Replies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.