If You Live Long Enough..

bushart1bushart1 Posts: 48 Member

You get to see just about it all

In my lifetime I would never have guessed a sitting POTUS would call into a news show and rant like a lunatic for an hour

Oh well---wonder what's next??

I know this political theatre is not discussed here much anymore---I think maybe cuz whatever side of the aisle your on----a common acknowledgement is---It's plain nuts

Replies

• bushart1bushart1 Posts: 48 Member

Also---I'm in the camp that throwing dirt towards Ukraine does aid Russia---and do not know why it's being allowed to happen??

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member

@bushart1 said:
    In my lifetime I would never have guessed a sitting POTUS would call into a news show and rant like a lunatic for an hour

I think it's awesome. He is like none other and that's the awesomeness of it all.

• bushart1bushart1 Posts: 48 Member

Well--admitted I'm a bit old school

But I still believe elected office---or any position of authority really---should come with the impression if nothing else of Dignity

Idi Amin...OK
    Pres of Philippines---well maybe?

POTUS not so much

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,074 Senior Member

Being like no other isn't necessarily a good thing. I didn't watch this rant, but I have seen enough of him to know he is a little boy doing a man's job. We need a president and other leaders who behave like adults. Doesn't matter what side of the isle you are on. Behave with the dignity your country deserves.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member

Meh. Enjoy the show. The next president can be classy again.

I'll trade crass and bad mannered to get honesty and effectiveness every day of the week.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,373 Senior Member
    edited November 22 #7

@NZ Indicator said:

@bushart1 said:

I think it's awesome. He is like none other and that's the awesomeness of it all.

I can think of one other.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 26 Junior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

I'll trade crass and bad mannered to get honesty and effectiveness every day of the week.

You are getting neither.

@NZ Indicator said:

What honesty? What effectiveness?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@NZ Indicator said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-trade-war-all-the-industries-hurt-by-us-tariffs-2018-11?fbclid=IwAR3Qr2xyaYb8vyPLeIAbSiMRwUH3rI6Kcouez1r5wJ_QMjGcNOv8zl-ByrI

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.