Home The Lodge

Bibi Indicted

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 10,692 Senior Member

He has been indicted for corruption, a first for a sitting Israeli PM. This will be interesting o watch.

"...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,365 Senior Member

Yep. Just saw this.

The thing is that it doesn't preclude him from serving as PM. Be interesting to see how he and his Likud supporters respond.

B&W has demanded that Netanyahu not serve in a unity government. A demand that Likud has so far resisted.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,692 Senior Member

He said this is "a witch hunt". Hmmmm, where have I heard that before?

"...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will

Gantz just broke up Blue & White. Took his faction of the party and joined with Likud for a Unity government.

Netanyahu remains PM. Gantz will be Parliamentary Speaker.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,800 Senior Member

That does not mean he is not a crook.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ShawnC2ShawnC2 Posts: 752 Senior Member

So is Benny Gantz no longer an anti-Semite now that he joined with Likud? ;)

In all seriousness this is a fascinating story. Thought they were headed for yet another election.

@ShawnC2 said:
    In all seriousness this is a fascinating story. Thought they were headed for yet another election.

Yeah, but now he's a racist.

edited March 30 #8

@Steven said:

@ShawnC2 said:

No elections in the Coronial age.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement