Myles Garrett

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,331 Senior Member
edited November 15 in The Lodge #1

What in the f&@$ was that!!!!

Craziest thing ever. I don't see how he isn't out for year and possible banned period. What a [email protected] animal.

EDIT: Here's video if you didn't see it

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member
    edited November 15 #2

NFL = Overpaid Chest Thumpers.

Imagine being paid millions of dollars to act like a child...

I've become disenchated with the NFL and most "Pro" sports in general the past few years.

I think this meme nails it these days...

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

Why do you hate capitalism Joe?

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,194 Senior Member

I got in a fight at football practice once. My opponent punched me squarely in the facemask.

Obviously that was not the most effective punch I've ever taken.

Its looking bad for him. He could be out for the season.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,331 Senior Member

He’d be lucky if that’s all he gets

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,976 Senior Member

6 games is about right.......i still say mcsorely to brashear was worse

Randolph initiated the melee.....he had his hands in garretts facemask and tried to rip his helmet off; garrett just grossly over reacted to randolph and a lineman in his face, and took it to a whole other level

amazed the NFL can react so quickly and decisively on this, but reacts so poorly to the really egregious acts, like punching your wife of beating your kid with a stick

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

@tim_s said:

amazed the NFL can react so quickly and decisively on this, but reacts so poorly to the really egregious acts, like punching your wife of beating your kid with a stick

Guessing that being broadcast in prime time they had more than they needed to make a decision immediately

I think the 3 for Pouncey is total BS. 1 would be fair.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,976 Senior Member

pouncey will appeal down to 1 or 2, they knew that headed in so they gave him 3 for a kick to the head......because they truly care about head injuries, you know

well jesus they had all they needed to know on rice too, and they waffled.......they know ray lewis at the very least obstructed a murder investigation and was by all accounts INVOLVED in the murder and they still put him in the HOF.......it's all about public image, nothing more.....people are talking about it, so they had to react

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    edited November 15 #12

@Buffco said:
    Why do you hate capitalism Joe?

LOL!!! Just disenchanted with it lately. At one time I used to spend 9 hours watching football on Sunday.

Vegas/Mafia decides the outcome of the games anyway. They are all rigged.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,039 Senior Member

"Football combines the two worst aspects of American life; staff meetings and violence."

George Will

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,373 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:
    NFL = Overpaid Chest Thumpers.

Imagine being paid millions of dollars to act like a child...

>

Is this about the Trumps?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@sherb said:
    I got in a fight at football practice once. My opponent punched me squarely in the facemask.

I don't know. We have all seen the result. :D

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Now that is a quality GOML rant by Joe! 7/10 points!

I think Pouncey got 3 knowing that he will appeal. If it is reduced it will go down to 2 games as I don't think they league wants him playing against the Browns in two weeks time.

Garrett may be gone a couple of games into next season.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised Rudolph didn't get a game.

Garrett should be in jail.

I’m torn w Pouncey. Totally give him props for coming to defense of his qb as he should. I guess what got him 3 were the kicks to head. But again I’m having a hard time blaming him at all

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,576 Senior Member

I think it's assault, plain and simple. Just because someone pisses you off doesn't mean you can attack them with a bat. Same goes here, he attacked him with a helmet.

edited November 18 #21

Blame the helmet, not the person.

#banhelmets.

Mason Rudolph's trying to break the kids neck was just as bad.

• swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 399 Senior Member

@sherb said:

And I'm sure you've taken several.

Im still laughing that Rudolph's monetary fine is higher than Garretts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.