Pffft, there's no media bias....

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,094 Senior Member

Robach now claims, through a network statement, that she was caught “in a private moment” of frustration over the lack of progress on a story. “I was upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn’t air because I could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence to meet ABC’s editorial standards about her allegations.”

Sorry, but Robach’s response to the firestorm doesn’t square with her initial comments, in which she states that “Roberts had pictures, she had everything . . . it was unbelievable what we had. [Bill] Clinton, we had everything.”

“Everything” sure sounds like sufficient corroborating evidence. Even if employing the most scrupulous journalistic standards, a giant news organization wouldn’t need three years to substantiate — or dismiss — a story with pictures, dates, and a credible witness.

We certainly know that ABC didn’t need “everything” — or much of anything, for that matter – when it was running scores of pieces online and on television, highlighting every risible accusation against then–Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/abcs-excuse-for-failing-to-report-on-jeffrey-epstein-makes-absolutely-no-sense/

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,094 Senior Member
    edited November 7 #2

They're committed to finding out who leaked it.... Not apologizing for letting it get buried.

"ABC News confirmed Wednesday that it is conducting an investigation into the leaking of a video that shows anchor Amy Robach accusing network executives of spiking her report on alleged serial pedophile Jeffrey Epstein several years ago.

A spokesman for the company told journalist Yashar Ali.
    “We take violations of company policy very seriously”

As opposed to pedophilia?
    It's unfathomable to me that millions of Americans actually pay to let garbage from networks like this into their homes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.