Mexico

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 4,094 Senior Member

No talk about that here yet?
I think it's past time to Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Mexico. And finish that wall.

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,039 Senior Member

Bomb Mexico??

Hang on Mike---gotta get some popcorn and watch this one

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,094 Senior Member
    edited November 6 #3

Precision strikes against the cartels. Find them, and kill them. All of them. Absolutely. Would we have done it in the ME? Yeppers.

How many have died from Fentanyl, heroin, meth, that was walked across our border. They've reigned terror on the border towns for decades. Now this. No more Mr nice guy. It's clear the Mexican gov is scared s hitless of them. We (this admin) are not.

Actually I believe Fentanyl is comin from Asia?

Apparently you can cut thru the wall with a cordless reciprocating saw

And if this extreme measure you speak of is response to the unfortunate events yesterday

What about the back yard---gonna bomb them??

https://nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-police-step-up-patrols-after-25-people-shot-in-less-than-4-hours-519114711.html

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,098 Senior Member

I don't know if you guys saw, but the Mexican Army got into a gun battle with the Cartel a couple of weeks ago. . .and lost.

That's the definition of a failed state. To use Max Weber's formulation, the state has a monopoly on the use of force, or its not a state.

@sherb said:
    I don't know if you guys saw, but the Mexican Army got into a gun battle with the Cartel a couple of weeks ago. . .and lost.

That's the definition of a failed state. To use Max Weber's formulation, the state has a monopoly on the use of force, or its not a state.

Yeah--they had El Chapo's son locked up
    Had to let him go
    I'm still never goin there

Can we get serious though? This isn't Pancho Villa conducting raids into New Mexico. We can't invade Mexico. They need to figure it out.

Shut it down and send the military to the border. Stop all trade in and out until the the Mexican gov offers a real solution.
    If that doesn't get them motivated, then do what needs to be done ourselves.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,073 Senior Member

Moral of the story: if you are an American you live in Mexico at your own risk.

@Bushart said:
    Actually I believe Fentanyl is comin from Asia?

Apparently you can cut thru the wall with a cordless reciprocating saw

And if this extreme measure you speak of is response to the unfortunate events yesterday

What about the back yard---gonna bomb them??

https://nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-police-step-up-patrols-after-25-people-shot-in-less-than-4-hours-519114711.html

Bomb Chicago? No, let's villainize the Police Dept first and see how/if that helps.

Call me crazy......But

There's gotta be middle ground between doing nothing a surgical air strikes
    I agree---Mexico needs to figure it out

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,020 Senior Member

Operation Reciprocity.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member

Those were Mormons. Shawn? Fellow worshippers?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,253 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    Precision strikes against the cartels. Find them, and kill them. All of them. Absolutely. Would we have done it in the ME? Yeppers.

How many have died from Fentanyl, heroin, meth, that was walked across our border. They've reigned terror on the border towns for decades. Now this. No more Mr nice guy. It's clear the Mexican gov is scared s hitless of them. We (this admin) are not.

Meth is coming from your neighbor's garage.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Once again you’re uninformed

edited November 7 #17

Fentanyl is coming from China, but it's coming across the Mexican border. They're also cutting it in heroin and cocaine.

Meth is being cooked at your neighbor's, but again... the largest part is coming from Mexico.

nope

Which of us has actually known a meth dealer?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

The DEA says about 80% of meth in the US comes from Mexico. Domestic meth lab busts are way, way down. The Sineola cartel is pumping it in.

@fishingcomic said:
    nope

looks around. . .slowly raises hand. . .

Almost all meth is now made at superlabs in Mexico. Classifying pseudoephedrine as schedule V pretty much killed domestic production.

Ok but which of us actually uses meth?

If my pants don't loosen up soon I'm considering it.

@sherb said:

@fishingcomic said:
    nope

looks around. . .slowly raises hand. . .

Almost all meth is now made at superlabs in Mexico. Classifying pseudoephedrine as schedule V pretty much killed domestic production.

Thanks Obama for killing another American industry.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member

@sherb said:

Goodbye pearly whites.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • LandoLando Posts: 60 Member
    edited November 7 #25

@fishingcomic said:
    nope

<----------------------

Norbert and I have lived in Idaho.

Meth was invented in Riverside county.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,020 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Exactly

You totally would have tackled that deer while tweaking.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member

@FishTX said:

@sherb said:

Goodbye pearly whites.

A two week binge will loosen up those pants and not damage those pearly whites. To bad cocaine don't curb the appetite like meth.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

I find it curious that this outrage and desire to nuke the cartels comes after some white folks are murdered. They live in Mexico. The media is referring to them as Americans. But they live there. Therefore they are Mexicans. Thousands of Mexicans die every year. I think this is tragic, I have also felt for years that we need to provide military aid to Mexico and the rest of Central America and treat these gangs the same way we treat ISIS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.