Great to see The Lodge back to the good days!

oldfratoldfrat Posts: 3 Junior Member

Out of boredom and curiosity I visited The Lodge tonight for the first time in about a year. I was pleasantly surprised to discover political discussions that were fairly equally balanced and reasonably discussed like they used to be back in the good old days.

Several of the former participants are here and they have not changed their views, but it looks like several new folks on the right side of the aisle have joined in and are no longer being banned or deleted. The debates seem to be civil again. Really glad to see this!

I think fly fishers are special people and I value their views. I appreciated having a place where we could discuss and debate politics in a civil way. I learned from this. I'm hoping this site is back to being such a forum.

Brad

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member

Nice to see you around. Aren't you in Texas now?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • oldfratoldfrat Posts: 3 Junior Member

Yes. I'm in the DFW area and life is good.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,020 Senior Member

Eh, it’s not civil but we all seem to get along fairly well these days.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member

Ayy, f*** you Shawn.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,253 Senior Member

@Buffco said:
    Ayy, f*** you Shawn.

IM him your address so he can meet you for a fist fight.

**** inside joke

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,039 Senior Member

It'll be lots better when we wean The Pens fans off the Oxycontin and tequila shooters

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member

@oldfrat said:
    Yes. I'm in the DFW area and life is good.

Nice you like it. I grew up in Dallas.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,003 Senior Member

Good to hear from you.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.