So... Surgery went well

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 7,020 Senior Member

Had the hardware removed from the broken leg ski accident (Jan 2019) this morning.

Back home and chillin’ with the dogs. Totally ambulatory, which is great. Still have to wait to get an MRI in a couple weeks as I have been feeling instability in the knee over the last month. Surgeon seems confident there isn’t any ligament damage, though. I’m ready to get past this for good. Hopefully BMMike can only refer to me as elderly fatty, not an elderly, crippled fatty! ;)

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,253 Senior Member

Good to hear

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,020 Senior Member

Thanks guys.

How is Ft. Wayne, Chris?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,253 Senior Member

Snowing.

What I have seen it is actually a nice city with an interesting historic district.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member

Glad to hear it went well.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,073 Senior Member

That's great! You certainly got clobbered with the ski accident.

I’m still awake from yesterday since I’m bleeding like a stuck pig. Doc said it would bleed for a while (there are 8 new holes in my tibia + the incision) but Jesus...

changing out the dressing periodically so the house doesn’t look like a serial killer lives here.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,297 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    I’m still awake from yesterday since I’m bleeding like a stuck pig. Doc said it would bleed for a while (there are 8 new holes in my tibia + the incision) but Jesus...
    changing out the dressing periodically so the house doesn’t look like a serial killer lives here.

I hope you sat on the porch handing out candy to the kids like that :D You can replace that blood with some no 3.2 beer now.

Hope the recovery goes well

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,094 Senior Member

**** man, that's brutal. Good luck with the recovery and a pain pill free recovery.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,039 Senior Member

Good to hear your mendin

Wonder where ya was?---I pitched a couple your way and Nut-n-honey

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 541 Senior Member

You’ll always be a cripple to me, Shawn.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member

Seriously, take a break from deacon duties at the temple this Sunday. You need rest.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,003 Senior Member

Hope the recovery goes well.

I know your heart is all aflutter that very soon you will be able to buy - gasp - 4.0 beer. Be careful with stuff that potent!

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member

Heal well.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    edited November 2 #15

What is this 3.2 and 4.0 stuff? If that is %ABV, then y'all are light weights. Try something like Rochefort 10 at 11.3%. Although a six pack of 11 ounce bottles will run about $42.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Rochefort is awesome. Have to buy the good stuff at the Mormon controlled state stores. Muy expensive and limited hours.

Im really curious to see what the grocery stores will be stocking, along with the pricing. The state stores discontinued all of the 4-5% items.

edited November 2 #17

If you are in your twenties and like to get drunk you need more beer at lower %ABV. But 4-5% ABV isn't bad when you are going for taste which is the only reason I drink. My cheap go to beer is Shiner Bock at 4.4% and i'd give it a 4 star rating.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.