Impeachment: for or against?

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,558 Senior Member

@Green Mt Boy said:
    But again, in my view none of that exonerates Pres. Trump. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of what others do.

This goes back to my original post. Would it be wrong if Biden wasn't running for President?

If the answer is no, then can it really be wrong just because he is?

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@Green Mt Boy said:
    But again, in my view none of that exonerates Pres. Trump. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of what others do.

This goes back to my original post. Would it be wrong if Biden wasn't running for President?

If the answer is no, then can it really be wrong just because he is?

Not sure if you are asking if in the absence of Biden running for President it is wrong on the part of Biden or Pres. Trump. Assuming you mean the latter, i.e., Biden isn't running but Trump still asked Pres Z of Ukraine to find dirt on Biden (which strikes me as an improbable scenario) yes, it would be wrong on the part of Trump to lean on Pres. Z in the absence of any claim of illegality on Biden's part that required help from Ukraine to investigate.

"lean on."

that's key here. Suppose there was no aid on the line?

Trump's a despicable human being, but there just isn't enough here to warrant his removal from office.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,095 Senior Member
    edited October 2 #35

It started as a “verified” Quid pro quo arrangement sure to end his presidency because he mentioned investigating Biden 8 times. The WH reported that he didn't threaten to withhold aid in the call and only mentioned Biden as part of a larger investigation.

So they changed the narrative and said it was a cover up because he put it on secured server. The WH explained that past leaks were the reason for the secure server.

So now they've changed the narrative to abuse of power. It's the lefts playbook all over again. Invent a crime and see if it sticks. If not change the narrative. Any day now I expect Christine Ford is going to show up with allegations of some sort. Is it any wonder why people don't believe them?

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

How fast would the process go? Would it even be possible to complete it with a decision in the senate before the POTUS election day? The Nixon Watergate hearings went on and on, and that didn't even end in a vote, just the resignation.
    I'd say begin the investigation, and have it still hanging in the air in the senate by a year from November. That will give voters a chance to end the suspense themselves.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,899 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Comic & Goldenladle, Where you at on this?

I go back and forth on this. Today I say yes, impeach. The man thinks ours laws and constitution don't apply to him. One of the things that drives me nuts is his disregard for the office. He may be a reality tv huckster but a president should respect the office he holds.

During the Mueller adventure I was definitely against, I wanted (and still want) the democrats govern not fart around with impeachment or retribution and what ever, my opinion was; s h i t or get off the pot.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

One thing for certain. When this blows up in their faces, they'll have shifty Schiff to thank for it.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,260 Senior Member
    edited October 2 #39

@Steven said:
    Lol. There was no freaking way you weren't going to engage.

@fishingcomic said:
    You know **** well that Biden was not the only one that wanted him removed,

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

that the investigation by both prosecutors found nothing and everything they were accused of happened before Biden was hired and he was found not guilty of any wrong doing.

Hunter Biden was never being investigated for wrong doing. It was Burisma that was being investigated. The question of when the investigation was dropped seems to be at issue. Bloomberg quoted sources saying the investigation was dropped in 2015/2-15. But The Hill cites former Ukrainian officials that the investigation into Burisma didn't end until 2017.

The Hill also cites Ukrainian sources in the prosecutors office that parts of the Burisma investigation were reopened following Biden's statement.

But Trump wants it re-opened for purely political purposes. Something you would not let any democrat get away with. Intellectual dishonesty.

I'm sure Trump doesn't give a rat's behind about Ukraine. But Biden opened his stupid ….ing mouth and threw Republicans a big, fat hanging curve. And, there is stench all over this.

FWIW, I see absolutely no problem with Trump asking Zelinksy to look into CrowdStrike.

Double yawn

I'll give you this, you are predictable.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,582 Senior Member

Against. You fools WILL bend the knee.

@Steven said:
    Yawn

Double yawn. Wake me when you are done being a hypocrite.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Stay asleep. If you had to think, you wouldn't be a liberal.

In breaking news, Trump just doubled down calling again for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens AND China to do the same.

If Trump goes, he's taking Biden with him.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,974 Senior Member

Trump going after Biden is the biggest smokescreen since the Spyhunter video game

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,778 Senior Member

You know what country doesn't have an impeachment process?

China.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

@breamfisher said:

You know what country doesn't have an impeachment process?

China.

Pretty sure he got the leader for life award

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,024 Senior Member

Trump commits impeachable offense on camera today and Joe Biden is going down?

Absolutely,

Biden's quest for the nomination won't survive these allegations in a Party that's feeding on itself to show who's the most pure.

Well, its a good trade then.

I actually do agree with you. He will probably have to withdraw at some point. But not yet! Trump will contnue to step on rakes every day that Joe stays in.

edited October 4 #51

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:
    Yawn

Double yawn. Wake me when you are done being a hypocrite.

It's you that looks like the hypocrite here. There is a video of Biden saying he did EXACTLY what your panties are all in a wad about what you believe Trump did (but didn't do). A video.

I'll go on record as saying I think Trump shouldn't have said what he said on the phone. I don't think he broke any laws but if you're going to sabotage your political opponents, you should backdoor it through the intelligence community like Obama did.

@Shawn C. said:

LOL. I think so too. Get it done by the Iowa caucuses in February.

Pence vs. Warren or Sanders? That's a landslide for Pence.

Btw, both Warren and Sanders took in more cash than Biden in the third quarter.

Mmmm, I don't see it that way. Pence's entire platform wouldn't be "ownin' the libs." He would obviously get the evangelical vote but many of the Trump Fanatics wouldn't fall in line with him. They may not even vote without the insane carnival barker on the ticket.

Alas, this is all academic as the Senate isn't going to vote to remove him.

Maybe, but you’d get the Never Trumpers back.

Despite his religiousity, I’d think you’d get a lot of the middle not ready to overhaul much of the economy in Hugo Chavez’ image.

When did you become Tomark?

Steven, it’s primary season. Watch the D nominee jump 2 light years towards the center once the nomination is wrapped up.

@fishingcomic said:
    When did you become Tomark?

I kind of remember that name. Who was he again?

@Shawn C. said:
    Steven, it’s primary season. Watch the D nominee jump 2 light years towards the center once the nomination is wrapped up.

I think Warren will get it. She's too far left and won't be able to make it back to the center. It's happened before...Humphrey, Mondale (not that he ever had a chance), Goldwater (from the right).

Funny thing is in all national polling, she defeats Trump by 10 points.

Tomark was our right wing extremist dialog. Your comparing the Democratic candidates to Hugo Chaves is both myopic and insipid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.