Democratic primary open thread

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,555 Senior Member

Rep. Somebody Did Somethings just came out against Biden.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,974 Senior Member

i watched 5 minutes of one debate.......i don't know much beyond liz & bernie, who i both like to some extent........but booker to me came off really well on a personality standpoint......don't know what his stance on the issues is, but i kind of like the guy

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

And Biden swings for the Progressive fence announcing that male inmates that identify as female should be housed with female inmates (assuming they don't identify as male, I guess).

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,039 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    And Biden swings for the Progressive fence announcing that male inmates that identify as female should be housed with female inmates (assuming they don't identify as male, I guess).

Can't see any issues there :*

New book idea-----The Great Attica orgy

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,014 Senior Member

Reported that Andrew Yang raised $10M last quarter. Can’t say I saw that coming.

Bernie called Warren a "capitalist through her bones."

Take that Liz!

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,000 Senior Member

"To her bones", and I think he was quoting her.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,093 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    Bernie called Warren a "capitalist through her bones."

Take that Liz!

Is this supposed to be an insult?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,239 Senior Member

He was using it to point out where he and Warren differ. He is a dottering old fool. Still a better choice than cheeto Jesus.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,090 Senior Member
    edited October 15 #41

I'll take the devil I know. What you see is what you get with DT. These other's,, who freaking knows.

The USSC appointments alone are worth another 4 years. The progressive tears and screaming at the sky would just be a bonus. :)

Tell that to the Kurds.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,776 Senior Member

Old truism in American politics: if you don't vote, you don't count.

Kurds don't vote.

Who wants wager that more people have been killed in Chicago Baltimore Detroit Memphis LA etc by gang violence this month than Kurds?? #Fake outrage

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,068 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    Who wants wager that more people have been killed in Chicago Baltimore Detroit Memphis LA etc by gang violence this month than Kurds?? #Fake outrage

Therefore, F the Kurds, right?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,157 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Tell that to the Kurds.

It's been years in the making and was going to happen anyway.

edited October 16 #48

@Green Mt Boy said:

@MikeA said:

No that’s not what I’m saying. But you have to admit that I’m probably right. The Kurds fate shouldn’t overshadow US citizens, should it? We have our own war zones right here in the US. Innocent children are being gunned down in crossfire all the time. There’s no outrage. There’re no constant media coverage. There’s no ultra-famous celebrities taking on the cause, no outraged children speaking to the UN. In fact, you won’t even see it unless you go looking for it. Corporate media has no interest in their story. Why is that? Could it be thinly veiled racism? I’m starting to think so.

@Green Mt Boy said:

@Green Mt Boy said:

@MikeA said:

You can always put your boots on and go help...

;)

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:
    Tell that to the Kurds.

And no American soldier will ever be trusted by an ally ever again.

If Obama did this there would be spittle dripping from your chin.

@MikeA said:

@Green Mt Boy said:

@MikeA said:

No that’s not what I’m saying. But you have to admit that I’m probably right. The Kurds fate shouldn’t overshadow US citizens, should it? We have our own war zones right here in the US. Innocent children are being gunned down in crossfire all the time. There’s no outrage. There’re no constant media coverage. There’s no ultra-famous celebrities taking on the cause, no outraged children speaking to the UN. In fact, you won’t even see it unless you go looking for it. Corporate media has no interest in their story. Why is that? Could it be thinly veiled racism? I’m starting to think so.

You really need to stop reading The Blaze, it is damaging your brain.

For the record there are athletes and celebrities working in those communities all the time.

last night's winner: the Washington Nationals.
    the loser: The American People.

@sherb said:
    last night's winner: the Washington Nationals.
    the loser: The American People.

Trolling Biegler are we?

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

@Green Mt Boy said:

@MikeA said:

You really need to stop reading The Blaze, it is damaging your brain.

For the record there are athletes and celebrities working in those communities all the time.

Sadly even the Blaze doesn’t cover it. Nobody does. This is something that I’ve said over multiple arguments for several years.

I try to refrain from parroting the scripted anti GOP Kool Aid flavor of the day from the MSM.

No you only parrot anti-BLM and anti-Dem kool aid.

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:
    Tell that to the Kurds.

And no American soldier will ever be trusted by an ally ever again.

If Obama did this there would be spittle dripping from your chin.

Actually no. I don't think our troops should be over there.

Back to our regularly scheduled program....

Quarterly filings show Bernie had the most in the bank and raised the most through individual contributions during the third quarter. He was followed by Liz in both categories and then by Mayor Pete. Biden was 4th in both.

• LandoLando Posts: 56 Member

Joe spent 2 million more than he brought in.........that shows he really cares and should win, right?

Here's a question I have: all of the dems (with the notable exception of Tulsi) proposed "Codifying" Roe v. Wade. What exactly is that supposed to look like? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I don't understand how that is supposed to happen.

Anyone know why this idea has caught fire and how it is to be implemented?

Couldn't the federal government pass a law making restrictions to accessing abortion illegal?

Wouldn't it over rule any state laws or would we run into a separation of powers issue?

edited October 16 #61

No I think you'd have big separation of powers problems, as well as limitations on Congress via the commerce clause. The one thing that would be clearly legal would be to condition the receipt of federal highway funds on state's not passing abortion restrictions, but politically that's a lot tougher sell than raising the drinking age to 21.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.