Stuff You Can't Make Up Redux

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,866 Senior Member

Democrats are calling for a Republican congressman to resign after he defended abortion bans by saying that humankind might not exist but for **** or incest.

Without **** or incest "would there be any population of the world left?" nine-term lawmaker Steve King asked the Des Moines Register newspaper.

Mr King was defending anti-abortion legislation that does not make exceptions for **** or incest.

Democrats Kirsten Gillibrand and Bernie Sanders soon demanded he step down.

"You are a disgrace. Resign," Ms Gillibrand wrote on Twitter. Her remarks were quickly echoed by other 2020 Democratic hopefuls Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke and Julián Castro.

A Republican lawmaker, Iowa state Senator Randy Feenstra, also criticised Mr King's remarks.

"I am 100% pro-life but Steve King's bizarre comments and behaviour diminish our message," he wrote on Twitter.

On Wednesday, Mr King told the Des Moines Register that the Republican leadership had stopped bills he sponsored banning abortions from advancing through the US House of Representatives.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of **** or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" Mr King said on Wednesday.

"Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49349794

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,708 Senior Member

I think this gives you look inside the King family.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,878 Senior Member

Steve king is a product of his mother being r a p e d by her brother and then dropped on his head.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,855 Senior Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.