I really like this guy.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 23,708 Senior Member

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,505 Senior Member

That is just stupid. It's human nature to live/hang with people that you have things in common with.
    Let's break this down to my neighborhood.
    I spend time with the golfers, fishermen and hunters. One neighbor is even a die hard liberal, but he golfs and fishes. We get together often for fishing/golfing, which leads to dinners and coffee and such. If it weren't for these activities I wouldn't give this guy the time of day.
    I have one neighbor that I don't even acknowledge because he's such a fricking moron. Just because he lives on my street doesn't mean I have to have anything to do with him.

My wife is in a quilting club and every year we have to have a Christmas party. There are 4 husbands that hang in one room and the other 4 hang in another room. We are pleasant to each other, but we just don't have anything in common so we segregate while in the same house.

I'll bet any amount of money that in those building in Singapore, the Indians hang with the Indians and the Chinese with the Chinese. Just because they are forced to live together doesn't mean they are going to "meld".

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,708 Senior Member

Actually in the video, that is shown to be incorrect.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.