Don't call him Fredo. . .I guess.

1235»

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,486 Senior Member
    edited August 2019 #122

@fishingcomic said:
    For some reason you need to differentiate between slurs based on concept of race (which is an ever evolving concept) and those based on nationality. A distinction without a difference. Now I am out.

Don't forget the folks south of the Mason Dixon line. Guess that means all the slurs you used to describe southerners are now racist.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,950 Senior Member

Being an ignorant bigot redneck is a choice. Those comments are based on behavior and statements made, not region or nationality. In fact you do not even have to be southern to be one. Ted Nugent is from Michigan.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

@fishingcomic said:
    For some reason you need to differentiate between slurs based on concept of race (which is an ever evolving concept) and those based on nationality. A distinction without a difference. Now I am out.

Don't forget the folks south of the Mason Dixon line. Guess that means all the slurs you used to describe southerners are now racist.

It's ok, we're not a protected class. Carry on.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,659 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Again I told you my family's story with discrimination. But again according to you guys bigotry does not exist in America. And spare me the words matter argument. You people are just uncomfortable with any discussion on race and bigotry that frames white people in a bad light.

OH MY GOD!!! I'm so insulted being called "You people"!!! I can't believe the mods allow this.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,950 Senior Member

snowflake

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.