Don't call him Fredo. . .I guess.

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,855 Senior Member

I saw that. He might as well just change his name to Fredo now. It's a done deal according to the internet.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,708 Senior Member

Yeah, why not, lets use more racist slurs.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,694 Senior Member

One more beer---I think I can take him :)

@fishingcomic said:
    Yeah, why not, lets invent more racist slurs.

Fixed

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,792 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Yeah, why not, lets use more racist slurs.

Dude.

edited August 13 #7

Why is he Fredo?

When my Uncle went to get a student loan with my Grandmother, the loan officer told him that giving a loan to a **** for college would be a waste of money. Enough of the ****.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

because he's the younger, dimmer brother?

Its not a racial slur. Its a movie reference that doubles as an insult. Have we lost our collective minds?

Actually this is how we addressed friends growin up

Guess Chris grew up different

I'm headin back to the trailer park now

https://youtube.com/watch?v=74I7Nl1mKig

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Why is he Fredo?

When my Uncle went to get a student loan with my Grandmother, the loan officer told him that giving a loan to a **** for college would be a waste of money. Enough of the ****.

Do you always walk around with a constant chip on your shoulder?

edited August 13 #12
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,505 Senior Member

Haha - I'll have to tell my buddy that "Fredo" is an insult to Italians. His middle name is Fredo and he's a 100 percenter.

@sherb said:
    Its not a racial slur. Its a movie reference that doubles as an insult. Have we lost our collective minds?

That would not had been used if Cuomo was not Italian.

Do you ever get tired of all the effort you guys put into defending d-bags?

@Bushart said:
    Actually this is how we addressed friends growin up

Guess Chris grew up different

I'm headin back to the trailer park now

https://youtube.com/watch?v=74I7Nl1mKig

That guy was not his friend.

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:
    Why is he Fredo?

Do you always walk around with a constant chip on your shoulder?

Do you always walk around with your thumb up your bum.

You are the biggest snowflake on the board. Everything and I mean everything people that are different than you say or do, offends you.

Lol, I’m not defending anyone, least of all the d-bag who got in Cuomo’s face. I think Cuomo should have laid him out. I’m just saying it’s not a racial slur.

@sherb said:
    Lol, I’m not defending anyone, least of all the d-bag who got in Cuomo’s face. I think Cuomo should have laid him out. I’m just saying it’s not a racial slur.

Why is that worth making a point? Cuomo thought that it was a slur, I thought it was a slur and a douchie thing to say. I still say it was because he was Italian that the insult was used. You may dig into some dusty archive and find some obscure reference to W, though I doubt it. It was still never part of the zeitgeist. So it is a pathetic excuse.

It seems like to conservatives that the only perspective that matters is your own and your own is very narrow.

Well...I felt that the Sgt. Schulz picture was horribly racist and I await your apology and a retraction.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,866 Senior Member

We all know that Germans, Italians, Croats and Japanese were the bad guys in 10,000+ war movies of our childhood(s). Stop trying to rewrite history. ;)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@sherb said:
    Well...I felt that the Sgt. Schulz picture was horribly racist and I await your apology and a retraction.

Why are you a N.azi?

BTW I had a friend whose Dad was in a prison camp who hated Hogan's Heros.

Dang Sherb.

This has turned into a good read :-)

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,268 Senior Member

Don't call me a ginger.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,866 Senior Member

Would you prefer carrot top?

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Everything and I mean everything people that are different than you say or do, offends you.

That is incorrect. I'm not easily offended.

But I do get amused at stuff that offends people such as flags and statues etc.

Don't confuse offense with amusement.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,268 Senior Member

Why are you racist? Red headed people are second class citizens or something?

At least we stopped murdering the lefties. Now, if we could just get society to accept that left-handed people don't need to be sequestered in a leper's colony, we might be getting somewhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.