Not for fats or cripples or olds.

bmmikebmmike Posts: 519 Senior Member

Or people afraid of grizzle bearts.

I only catch the REALLY big ones. (Big in this lake would be 12” — I didn’t get any of those whoppers)

Replies

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 981 Senior Member
    edited August 4 #2

Very nice. I am actually visiting your area (I think). Floated the Blackfoot a few days ago-got this nice Brownie. Also cuties and bows. Also went into the Bob-on horseback-and caught cuties in Pyramid Lake.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 519 Senior Member

Sweet!

Thats not really my area tho, I’m a good 3+ hours from there.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,878 Senior Member

Cool, that is sort of my area. I think the Blackfoot is one of the prettiest rivers in Montana.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,855 Senior Member

Sometimes just looking at an image stirs imagination and almost takes your breath away just thinking about exploring the place. That just happened. Great job capturing the magic.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,708 Senior Member

Looking at these pictures gives you a chance to look at the world from a different perspective. ;)

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • bmmikebmmike Posts: 519 Senior Member

Today’s foray into the grizzle beart infested wasteland took me to a lake where the fish are larger. It’s a fair bit further walk, but it isn’t as steep.

I caught a couple fish around 18”, one 20+”, and some small ones. I caught some small grayling, also, and missed a pretty nice grayling. No grayling pictures because they were dinks and I’ve caught plenty dink grayling in the past.

Also, a frog and some tacos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.