white privilege

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,140 Senior Member

Saw that yesterday. One word lady. Comply.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,576 Senior Member

I love watching people ride the lightning.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member

That lady should have complied.

However, that cop was di_ck. I've been pulled over for a broken tail light and burnt out headlight. I received a warning and was told to come back to the police station in a week and show them that I got it fixed to avoid a ticket.

That cop was just on a power trip.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 4,194 Senior Member

Joe, are you sh!tting me?

You thought the officer involved shooting of Rolando Castile was justified because he smoked weed and had a suspended DL. And you think THIS cop is on a power trip?

edited August 1 #6

@sherb said:

You thought the officer involved shooting of Rolando Castile was justified because he >smoked weed and had a suspended DL.

I did? Not remembering that one Sherb.

And you think THIS cop is on a power trip?

Most definitely. Cops usually give warnings first for broken or burnt out lights.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,373 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

@sherb said:

You thought the officer involved shooting of Rolando Castile was justified because he >smoked weed and had a suspended DL.

I did? Not remembering that one Sherb.

And you think THIS cop is on a power trip?

Most definitely. Cops usually give warnings first for broken or burnt out lights.

I am and you did.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

the search function on this site is actually one of the few things that works well.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,331 Senior Member

I saw she’d already received a fix it ticket. She had her warning and chance. She escalated this. The cop was not wrong at all.

Don't think this is an apples to apples comparison especially when Castile had a gun in the car and the officer was making an "on the spot" decision on what could happen next.

@jbilly said:
    I saw she’d already received a fix it ticket. She had her warning and chance. She escalated this. The cop was not wrong at all.

I did not see that. I retract my comment about the cop being a di_ck cuz I thought it was a first time offense.

edited August 1 #14

Longer video here.

No sympathy at all. She got what she earned for being a dumba$$

@NZ Indicator said:

Don't think this is an apples to apples comparison especially when Castile had a gun in the car and the officer was making an "on the spot" decision on what could happen next.

yeah, but your point was that a suspended DL and smoking weed was somehow related to the danger the officer faced. It wasn't. Talk about an apples to oranges comparison. . .

@sherb said:

@NZ Indicator said:

yeah, but your point was that a suspended DL and smoking weed was somehow related to the danger the officer faced. It wasn't. Talk about an apples to oranges comparison. . .

My point in that thread was that Castile had a gun in which the officer thought he was reaching for and the officer reacted the best he thought possible. The other stuff is just external factors that played into the whole situation. They can't be ignored.

If she were black she would have been kicked in the face or shot.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,973 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

If she were black she would have been kicked in the face or shot.

Always with the IF.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

There are hundreds of examples that prove my point.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,039 Senior Member

And tens of thousands that do not. Not all cops shoot all non-whites that give a hard time.

Lighten up.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Hi George

You must be new here. Please introduce yourself.

@George K said:
    And tens of thousands that do not. Not all cops shoot all non-whites that give a hard time.

Lighten up.

Enough of them do. I have been a witness and I have heard the talk.

edited August 8 #24

You know you guys have this constant, "It never happened to me so it can't be real" mentality. Whether you acknowledge it or not there are inherent advantages to being white in this country. I think it is FOS that you think it is funny to make fun of what is a real problem in this country. So no I will not lighten up. Maybe you think it is okay for a man to shoot up a mall and have nothing happen to him while a man carrying a bb gun in a Walmart gets shot on sight. You justify the hate when you refuse to acknowledge the injustice.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,039 Senior Member
    edited August 8 #25

@jbilly said:
    Hi George
    You must be new here. Please introduce yourself.

Center-left Dem, not crazy left. This concept could be somewhat difficult for tighty righties to grasp.

BTW - My center-right life-long registered Republican wife and I agree on about 80% of political stuff, especially when it comes to the National-Embarrasment-in-Chief. <3:)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.