Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,576 Senior Member
    edited July 25 #2

If one of them was shot, it would be a witch hunt by the community because you know these are good kids just having a little fun. They didn't mean no harm.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,140 Senior Member

Yea you're absolutely right. If there wasn't a video, it'd be soap on a rope for the guy protecting his wife.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,038 Senior Member

If the victim had been open carrying these reptiles would have shot him with with his own gun before stealing it. A handgun is scant defense against an ambush by a dozen thugs.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member

@George K said:
    If the victim had been open carrying these reptiles would have shot him with with his own gun before stealing it. A handgun is scant defense against an ambush by a dozen thugs.

Opinion. Not fact.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

Yeah, you don't have to be Jason Bourne. Groups of thugs are cowards. Shoot the first one and the rest scatter.

That argument always sounds like, "You have no chance, so let them kick/kill your *$$."

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,373 Senior Member

Are we supposed to believe that no one was carrying at a Texas Walmart?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,811 Senior Member
    edited August 5 #9

Maybe they just skedaddle on out? Maybe they had their family with them?

I know it plays against the OC/CC head game, but there's a lot of folks who just carry to protect their family and themselves

If only it was that easy to be a hero. Open carry isn't to make you a hero. It's a last resort. A 380 bodyguard is no match for an AK. Run!

edited August 5 #11

I thought the best defense against a bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,576 Senior Member

A personal friend of ours was shot in the C Springs church shooting in 2007. The guy had 3k rounds of ammo and only killed 4 before being killed by a volunteer at the church. So a "good gal with a gun" saved the day.
    There are hundreds of instances of citizens with guns stopping crimes, but those don't make the news because it's not what the liberal media or it's sheeple (looking at comic) want to hear.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

Wonder if multiple good guys had drawn in El Paso---you get people runnin around with guns drawn

How do you tell the good guys from the bad guys??

Not a lot of time for questions

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,973 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

I will say this when I'm carrying my only concern is me and mine. Retreat from the gun fire if possible or hide somewhere If I have no choice then I will do what I have to do to save mine. Maybe if I had the protection that LE has you know like killing an innocent in a gun battle with the bad guy with no consequences of jail time. Then I may get involved but until then it's just me and mine.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

Well, I guess I'll turn em in then. Can't believe I fell for the talking points.

edited August 6 #16

@CO Native said:
    A personal friend of ours was shot in the C Springs church shooting in 2007. The guy had 3k rounds of ammo and only killed 4 before being killed by a volunteer at the church. So a "good gal with a gun" saved the day.
    There are hundreds of instances of citizens with guns stopping crimes, but those don't make the news because it's not what the liberal media or it's sheeple (looking at comic) want to hear.

That is because they don't really happen. NRA lies.

You get maybe six of these a year and they all end up on the news because local news is right wing propaganda.

Why did it not happen in El Paso? It is not like Texas has stringent gun laws.

edited August 6 #17

@Buford said:

@fishingcomic said:

I will say this when I'm carrying my only concern is me and mine. Retreat from the gun fire if possible or hide somewhere If I have no choice then I will do what I have to do to save mine. Maybe if I had the protection that LE has you know like killing an innocent in a gun battle with the bad guy with no consequences of jail time. Then I may get involved but until then it's just me and mine.

But you promised us you would stop a bad guy with gun.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,038 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

@George K said:

Opinion. Not fact.

Here's the description of the attack: ..."in the video, the male victim is seen walking with another man toward the lower T Street entrance of the hotel, just feet from where Reagan was shot while walking out from the hotel after giving a speech there. A group of young males and females appear to have laid a trap for the two men, coming at them from the front and rear as they approach the hotel entrance. The victim is punched by a tall slender man who comes at him from the front, setting off a mob attack that quickly puts the victim on the ground while his friend ducks into the hotel. More attackers approach and take turns punching and kicking the man, with some stomping on the his head. The friend comes back out and intervenes but is punched in the face and retreats. The final attacker walks up and spits on the man as he is sprawled limp on the ground..."

Go back to the top and watch the security camera video. The thugs had the element of surprise. I doubt that the victim could have pulled a gun and gotten off a round .

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,973 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@Buford said:

@fishingcomic said:

But you promised us you would stop a bad guy with gun.

The hell I did it's to protect me and mine.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

You were our only hope to stop a bad guy with a gun. That is what the NRA told us and you agreed.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,211 Senior Member

Many aspects of reality are very much different than the narratives pushed by mainstream media.

@NZ Indicator said:
    Many aspects of reality are very much different than the narratives pushed by mainstream media.

Or the NRA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.