Home The Lodge

New Low

magallowaymagalloway Senior MemberPosts: 1,036 Senior Member

Was asked to leave an orthopaedist's office this afternoon after I explained that Cindy and I were old, not stupid, and that I'd been read X-Rays long before the best part of him ran down his mom's **** crack. The upshot is that Cindy needs a hip replacement, Yeah ChampVA!!!!

Jim

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,072 Senior Member

Well done Mags.

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

I refuse to be talked down to by chancre mechanics. The first X-Ray I viewed was of my mother's skull at six; she had what at that time (and I suppose still is) called an 'Attic Mastoid' which was an infection above the ear instead of below it and ended up having the fourth experimental and second successful surgery on the damned thing . I'm old, not stupid.

Jim

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,649 Senior Member

I've come across doctors who talk down to patients like that. I find another one, quickly. Luckily I live in an area where good practitioners are not difficult to find.

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,072 Senior Member

@magalloway said:
    I refuse to be talked down to by chancre mechanics. The first X-Ray I viewed was of my mother's skull at six; she had what at that time (and I suppose still is) called an 'Attic Mastoid' which was an infection above the ear instead of below it and ended up having the fourth experimental and second successful surgery on the damned thing . I'm old, not stupid.

Jim

Huh. Mastoidectomy? I had one done in the late '70s.

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

This wasn't an infection on the mastoid process, but rather above the ear, probably caused by the remainder of a broken wisdom tooth root years before. In any case, it was a bear, performed at the old Stanford-Lane Hospital in San Francisco by a lady named Dr. Heck, whom I found uproariously funny. Mom's ear canal looked like the Holland Tunnel afterward, and she was lucky to have lived. The sardonic ring is that eighteen months later, someone came out with an antibiotic that would have cleared the mess up almost immediately.

Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement