You gotta watch all the way to the end. . .

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 3,682 Senior Member

The homeowner handled the situation with class.

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,294 Senior Member

You can't fix stupid.

Any idea where this was?

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,718 Senior Member

@Steven said:

Any idea where this was?

'Merica

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,578 Senior Member

Not sure on the business model where you go wide just cuz you can??

Woman was composed

Not lookin for a cookie or anything--but I kinda go the same way when I've had JW's show up at my door
    I've heard of some really brutal/rude things on this by others

I just say--I respect their conviction of their beliefs---I do not wish to be rude--I am Catholic and am not gonna change---so you do not need to re-visit me---all the best

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,539 Senior Member

I always just say no thank you and have a nice day.

She did handle it perfectly. Let's see if he loses the flag.

BTW that was quite a flag. Not just a sticker in the window here, that jackwagon wants to make a point.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,983 Senior Member

If he had a Pride flag and was turned away twitter would be in an uproar...baking cakes and all...

Yeah because those are same same.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,682 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

BTW that was quite a flag. Not just a sticker in the window here, that jackwagon wants to make a point.

Right? It looks like he stole the flag off the Capitol building in Jackson Mississippi and attached it to his bumper. That's the best part of the whole story.

@NZ Indicator said:
    If he had a Pride flag and was turned away twitter would be in an uproar...baking cakes and all...

The traitor's flag has always been a hill you're willing to die on, Joe. :)

But I think this incident illustrates the moral as opposed to the purely instrumental case for capitalism. When we don't wish to do business with someone, we aren't forced to do so. the homeowner can seek further, as can the contractor. I don't see a problem here. He can believe what he wants, and so can the homeowner.

That said, If a contractor thought it was a good business practice to attach a giant pride flag to his bumper to do my landscaping I might question if he or she were looking for trouble that I don't need. Leave your politics at home.

@sherb said:

@NZ Indicator said:

That said, If a contractor thought it was a good business practice to attach a giant pride flag to his bumper to do my landscaping I might question if he or she were looking for trouble that I don't need. Leave your politics at home.

Probably more so in Idaho, than California.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,576 Senior Member

I admit, I kinda like seeing Confederate flags and such on vehicles.

Tells me what I need to know about the individual without needless conversation.

@breamfisher said:
    I admit, I kinda like seeing Confederate flags and such on vehicles.

Tells me what I need to know about the individual without needless conversation.

That's funny, because that's what a lot of the black people in the twitter thread said. It lets them know who they are.

I admit, I used to have one of those flags (a bandanna, actually) hanging up in my dorm room. Took a good conversation between me and a friend who was offended and worried by the presence of that to see how the presence of that item affected folks.

I remember you posted a story once about Dale Earnhardt and how when he realized his bumper sticker offended his housekeeper, he went out and scraped it off.

Forgot I posted that. Yep. It's definitely a cultural thing for certain areas, but at the same time, why offend people?

Or in my case, I'd rather people know I'm a jerk based on my actions and not on visual clues.

Same with guys driving around with the blue lives matter flags. Racist azshole identifier.

edited July 3 #17

@Shawn C. said:
    Same with guys driving around with the blue lives matter flags. Racist azshole identifier.

WHAT!!!!.....Dang Smurf uprising Again!!!!

"Assemble the army!!"

Challenging enuff Shawner? :)

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,482 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

I'm hoping that's sarcastic, but I'm not reading it that way.

You got one of those don't you?

his son is a police officer.

I think a rebel flag is a tad different than. A blue lives matter sticker

Perhaps. However it was created in response to BLM as if their lives didn't matter.

I’m not talking about a bumper sticker, Gary. Ive seen several jacked up trucks flying 3x4 foot blue lives matter flags from their beds; more than one of them in concert with the rebel flag.

In that context it is nothing other than a refutation of the BLM movement.

As Chris said, Blue Lives Matter was invented as a direct result of the BLM movement; overtly motivated by racism.

I do think it has evolved into a message that can evoke some legitimate support for cops, but context matters.

Helpful hint: Red Lives Matter and the associated flag are not in support of communists, Marxists, or Native Americans, but firefighters.

@Bushart said:

@Shawn C. said:

WHAT!!!!.....Dang Smurf uprising Again!!!!

"Assemble the army!!"

Challenging enuff Shawner? :)

OK---I know ya bin Bizzy celebrating Independence/Trump

Here was the reference answer---I'm a fan of Ridley Scott and Jeremy Irons

You did ask for a challenge

This

https://youtube.com/watch?v=A8hEpE3qGys

Then this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PW1q_wt9R-c

@fishingcomic said:

D a m n straight I do and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my rosy red rectum!!!
    You have a problem with the red and green lines too?

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

D a m n straight I do and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my rosy red rectum!!!

Do you have a problem with black lives mattering?

For those not in the lower 48...I assume

Blue LM---Support of Police?
    Bream did RLM

GreenLM.....Army??

Sidenote...My sister is a cop---equivalent to your State Troopers (Provincial)

Been recognized 2x for stopping some real bad guys

60:40 I can still take her ---long as I don't remind her when I hit her in the back of the head with a snowball when we were kids :*

Green lives matter???

@Shawn C. said:
    Green lives matter???

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

Is that not what I read??...Green?

Green is military.

Silver is corrections officers.

Yellow is dispatchers.

White is EMS.

It's a whole rainbow.

@fishingcomic said:

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

Do you have a problem with black lives mattering?

You are so full of s h i t. Blue lines have been around long before all of that crap ever started. I've had blue line under my sidewalk address for 15 years and show support for LEO's.
    Nothing to do with ANY lives mattering.
    You're just spewing liberal BS now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.