Home The Lodge

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,669 Senior Member

This had to be an accident. These are just peace loving people. Let's give them Nukes in a few years if they behave.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,928 Senior Member

Fake news

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Nukes don’t kill people, people with nukes kill people.

Tip o’ the hat to Comic for that.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,329 Senior Member

Update - WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An unexploded device, believed to be a limpet mine, was spotted on the side of one of two oil tankers attacked on Thursday in the Gulf of Oman, a U.S. official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

If confirmed, then the method of attack would be the same as the one that the United States believes was used last month when four other tankers were struck off the coast of the United Arab Emirates. The United States believes Iran was likely responsible for those attacks, a charge Tehran denies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-tanker-usa-mine/unexploded-device-spotted-on-one-of-attacked-oil-tankers-u-s-source-idUSKCN1TE2SC?il=0

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

I'm sure John Bolton is the happiest guy in D.C. right now.

Yea, it's Bolton's fault. If this admin would have just paid it's ransom, I mean what it owed Iran, none of this would be happening.

@Shawn C. said:
    https://forums.flyfisherman.com/discussion/comment/233828#Comment_233828
    Nukes don’t kill people, people with nukes kill people.
    Tip o’ the hat to Comic for that.

Which is why we should thank God for people with carrier groups.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

The Iran money has nothing to do with this
    You may wish to look at the big picture over there

Including Iran backed rebels but Yemen and SA all are players

Bundling this into a nice neat pkg under the Nuclear deal is too simplistic

Yeah, the Japanese envoy is in Iran to discuss tensions with the US, Iran might as well attack a Japanese oil tanker while they're there.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,292 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    This had to be an accident. These are just peace loving people. Let's give them Nukes in a few years if they behave.

Well there is nothing stopping them now.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 3,004 Senior Member

@Goldenladle said:
    Yeah, the Japanese envoy is in Iran to discuss tensions with the US, Iran might as well attack a Japanese oil tanker while they're there.

And so they did with some faulty equipment.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    edited June 2019 #13

There was never anything stopping them. They played you guys like a fiddle. And got a big payday to boot.

Funny because they were complying with the treaty. How is that NK thing working out?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited June 2019 #15

The radical Islamist dictators running Iran took over Iran's nuclear program in 1979. Since then they have brutally repressed their own people while becoming the world's #1 sponsor of terrorists. They've held hundreds of mass rallies where tens of thousands of their followers spend hours screaming "death to America" on worldwide TV. Meanwhile, their nuclear development continued with the principle assistance of Germany and Russia.

So what's wrong with the Iran deal? It eliminated the UN sanctions that were intended to push the Mullahs into stopping their atomic weapons program, turned over more than $100 billion dollars to their terror, military, and nuclear weapons while providing NO EFFECTIVE compliance verification inspection program. Why are the IAEA walk around visits worthless? Because all military sites are off limits to the inspectors and the Mullahs can declare any place they want to be a military site and permanently exclude it from review. And that's exactly what they have done. Do you think they might be hiding illicit activities in those "military sites"?

The Iranian leaders have declared themselves to be our mortal enemies almost constantly for 40 years. Only fools trust their enemies to disarm themselves without rigorous verification.

The Iranian military says it will keep conducting missile tests despite U.S. condemnation of them.

"Missile tests...are carried out for defense and the country's deterrence, and we will continue this," Brigadier-General Abolfazl Shekarchi, a spokesman for Iran's armed forces, was quoted as saying by the semiofficial Tasnim news agency on December 2.
    https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-says-will-continue-ballistic-missile-tests-despite-u-s-objections/29634292.html

It’s not Bolton’s fault. Just saying the guy’s had to change his underwear several times over the past couple of days. Pompeo too.

Also, if your #%^hole President didn’t pull out of the Iranian nuclear deal none of this would be happening. The dumb+^% does nothing but break things and create larger problems.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,049 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Also, if your #%^hole President didn’t pull out of the Iranian nuclear deal none of this would be happening. The dumb+^% does nothing but break things and create larger problems.

This is "when" not "if." Eventually some administration (albeit probably not Hillary's) was going to get tired of all the other sh-t the Iranians are pulling all over the Middle East.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #20

@MikeA said:
    The radical Islamist dictators running Iran took over Iran's nuclear program in 1979. Since then they have brutally repressed their own people while becoming the world's #1 sponsor of terrorists. They've held hundreds of mass rallies where tens of thousands of their followers spend hours screaming "death to America" on worldwide TV. Meanwhile, their nuclear development continued with the principle assistance of Germany and Russia.

So what's wrong with the Iran deal? It eliminated the UN sanctions that were intended to push the Mullahs into stopping their atomic weapons program, turned over more than $100 billion dollars to their terror, military, and nuclear weapons while providing NO EFFECTIVE compliance verification inspection program. Why are the IAEA walk around visits worthless? Because all military sites are off limits to the inspectors and the Mullahs can declare any place they want to be a military site and permanently exclude it from review. And that's exactly what they have done. Do you think they might be hiding illicit activities in those "military sites"?

The Iranian leaders have declared themselves to be our mortal enemies almost constantly for 40 years. Only fools trust their enemies to disarm themselves without rigorous verification.

There are a lot of assumptions in this post, and it doesn't read that different than the stuff we heard about Iraq and Saddam WAY BACK WHEN. I wouldn't be shocked if this is "somebody's" idea of how to get the US into a war with Iran. UNO, somebody with a LOT of oil who hates Iran and would be happy to see them get mashed at our expense. Mike is playing ME checkers.

So, what’s the solution, Steven? There are rumblings the current admin wants to bring Iran back to the bargaining table. To what end? You’ve telling me these fools have a strategic plan in mind other than Bolton & Pompeo’s desire for regime change?

If only we didn't need the oil...

I do not know if it is Bolton's fault.

I do know that he has been advocating war with Iran for decades, and that now he is in a position to have a lot of influence in possibly making that happen.

@MikeA said:
    The Iranian military says it will keep conducting missile tests despite U.S. condemnation of them.

"Missile tests...are carried out for defense and the country's deterrence, and we will continue this," Brigadier-General Abolfazl Shekarchi, a spokesman for Iran's armed forces, was quoted as saying by the semiofficial Tasnim news agency on December 2.
    https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-says-will-continue-ballistic-missile-tests-despite-u-s-objections/29634292.html

Short range missile tests were not part of the deal. However the destruction of 2 nuclear facilities and dismantling centrifuges were and Iran complied.

Again how is that NK deal going?

@Steven said:

@Shawn C. said:

This is "when" not "if." Eventually some administration (albeit probably not Hillary's) was going to get tired of all the other sh-t the Iranians are pulling all over the Middle East.

Not a good enough reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,967 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #27

The Japanese owner of the ship says the explosion was above the water line so it wasn't a mine. The Iranian boat rescued the crew.

Another neocon false flag to get a war going with Iran.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member

@EdB said:
    The Japanese owner of the ship says the explosion was above the water line so it wasn't a mine. The Iranian boat rescued the crew.
    https://news.antiwar.com/2019/06/14/japanese-ship-owner-contradicts-us-officials-on-tanker-attack/
    Another neocon false flag to get a war going with Iran.

Don't think so.

Analyst: New Photos Are ‘Smoking Gun’ Proving Iranian Involvement in Tanker Attack

https://news.usni.org/2019/06/17/analyst-new-photos-are-smoking-gun-proving-iranian-involvement-in-tanker-attack#more-67242

The damage was done by limpet mines, which are attached by magnets, and not necessarily below the waterline. One video shows an Iranian patrol boat crew members removing an unexploded one while rescuing the tanker crew.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 5,071 Senior Member

....that's just what Bolton wants you to think...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.