Vacation is great

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,201 Senior Member

Wife and I are in Kauai. First went to Waikiki for a few days, mostly because I wanted to go to Pearl Harbor. Was fun but really just a big city

But this place is great. Went out on charter yesterday. Sadly only one fish caught amongst 6 of us. But we all got done skip jack tuna. Talk about fresh poke

Im considering a one way trip. Figure it’s never cold here just ultra wet. I could live off feral chickens. But I might miss kids eventually.

Not being at work is awesome. Any one that says they could never retire is a moron. If I could afford it I’d do it tomorrow

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,358 Senior Member

If the Tip Top Motel and Café is still around...hit it.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,710 Senior Member

Go the Full Grumpier Old Men

find a nice bikini on the beach and ask where is the Island of....."Kmon-IwannaLaya" ?
    :smile:

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,506 Senior Member

@jbilly said:

Not being at work is awesome. Any one that says they could never retire is a moron. If I could afford it I’d do it tomorrow

I agree, retirement is the hot ticket. Although, I'm busier now doing all the things that always got put off when I was working.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,879 Senior Member

@CO Native said:

I agree, retirement is the hot ticket. Although, I'm busier now doing all the things that always got put off when I was working.

This!!!!!

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,358 Senior Member

My wife sends me this article pointing out that people age 60-75 are the happiest age cohort.

Uh yeah....they're called healthy retirees.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.