Home The Lodge

Q.13 What the heck is going on with Iran?

creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

a. Tonkin Gulf phase 2
b. Bibi wants it done
c. Saudis want some A kick'n done
d. Iranis actually want to get blown to bits
e. Its about driving oil prices up
f. All of the above?

Replies

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member

The answer is f.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,039 Senior Member

Careful, if you say it is because of Bibi, you are an anti-semite.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member

Tweeter-in-Chief wants to look muy macho.

"...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 4,726 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

And you should be.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 3,041 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

And you should be.

Right because we can criticize any other lobbying organization's influence or foreign country's policies. But AIPAC and Israel are special.

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

And you should be.

Nonsense. Many of us are pro-Israel but think Bibi is not the answer.

BTW: That infamous cartoon that a dimwit editor at the Times international edition let slip by got it all wrong.

The correct image would have been of a smiling Bibi walking his poodle, one with a Trump hairdo.

"...this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron..."

George Will
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 5,851 Senior Member

@George K said:
    Tweeter-in-Chief wants to look muy macho.

Not true. Trump is actually pushing back on advisors on this one

It wasn't Bolton and Pompeo who sent the ships. It is entirely possible, though, that he changed his mind after he ordered the strike forces to set sail. Wait a day or two and he will change his mind again.

George Will
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,076 Senior Member

The buck stops with the Prez. At least Harry Truman thought so.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 5,635 Senior Member

I'm guessing they spent all the money we gave them building IED's and bomb jackets and now they want more?

edited May 2019 #14

@MikeA said:
    I'm guessing they spent all the money we gave them building IED's and bomb jackets and now they want more?

Really????

Is the Mothership talkin to you again?

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 361 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

Actually, they still have money for nuke enrichment facilities which are no longer banned. Waiting on the Donald to get them to stop, without war. We will see.
    IEDs or nuked ICBMs, take your choice.

No. It's their choice.

FTR I would totally be against any sort of unprovoked attack on Iran.

@MikeA said:
    FTR I would totally be against any sort of unprovoked attack on Iran.

But you will accept any made up provocation that this administration fabricates.

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,991 Senior Member

Please don't fall for this phony neocon-government B.S. again like most of you did in 2001 and 2003. This is a continuation of the PNAC plan to overthrow the hostile countries of the M.E. and control their natural resources for economic gain. Millions of innocent civilians have been killed or displaced for that illegal and immoral policy.

Bolton has been wanting to bomb or invade Iran for a very long time. In Trump he has found his "useful idiot".

I believe the Iranians when they say they do not want war. With the strike forces and all the sabre rattling going on, it would be all too easy for an accident to happen that could trigger overreaction on either side. Very possibly Bolton and Pompeo are looking to create - or provoke - a 21st century Gulf of Tonkin incident.

A ground war with Iran would be disastrous in terms of the cost in lives and dollars.

George Will

Here's what I meant by saber rattling:

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — President Donald Trump warned Iran early on Monday not to threaten the United States again or it would face its “official end,” shortly after a rocket landed near the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad overnight and only 48 hours after he seemingly sought to soften his tone.

Iran’s foreign minister quickly responded in kind on Twitter with his own message: #NeverThreatenAnIranian...

https://www.apnews.com/e46d3bdff2bd48d9a6a87a6752e6be6f

George Will

Who's rattling sabers? This isn't how you behave if you don't want war...

Insurer says Iran's Guards likely to have organized tanker attacks
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-oil-tankers-exclusive/exclusive-insurer-says-irans-guards-likely-to-have-organized-tanker-attacks-idUSKCN1SN1P7

Saudis Halt Oil Pipe on Attack Claimed by Iran-Backed Rebels
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-14/saudi-aramco-pumping-stations-targeted-in-limited-attack-spa

Well if an insurance company says so, it must be gospel.

SA is already at war with Iran.

The May 6th New Yorker has a long article on John Bolton. It's obvious that many of the sources are not fans, but even allowing for that it's frightening that this man has so much influence over the President.

George Will

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

And you should be.

Right because we can criticize any other lobbying organization's influence or foreign country's policies. But AIPAC and Israel are special.

So, just to follow the remainder of this thread...is it the Jews controlling Trump, or is he Bolton's useful idiot. Or do the Jews control Bolton as well? Or maybe it's just a lot of Americans really f cking hate Iran? We have a long history with the mullahs that goes back far beyond Netanyahu's first election.

You should knock it off on the Bibi hate anyway. It sounds stupid he's not a dictator. Just say you hate the majority of Israelis that keep on voting him in knowing full well what he stands for.

But then you'd have to decide whether the Israeli people -the people living there- don't think dealing with Hamas or the PA is a particularly good idea or if they're just stupid.

Well this I know for fact...

When Obama was Pres and Harper was PM---The beebs came to the west shopping for a preemptive strike on Iran

Does that make him Mother Teresa ?

Was Mother Teresa the prime minister of a country with nearly 9 million people?

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

And you should be.

So, just to follow the remainder of this thread...is it the Jews controlling Trump, or is he Bolton's useful idiot. Or do the Jews control Bolton as well? Or maybe it's just a lot of Americans really f cking hate Iran? We have a long history with the mullahs that goes back far beyond Netanyahu's first election.

You should knock it off on the Bibi hate anyway. It sounds stupid he's not a dictator. Just say you hate the majority of Israelis that keep on voting him in knowing full well what he stands for.

But then you'd have to decide whether the Israeli people -the people living there- don't think dealing with Hamas or the PA is a particularly good idea or if they're just stupid.

What does that have to do with the fact that criticizing AIPAC or Israeli Policies makes someone an anti-semite?

@Bushart said:
    Well this I know for fact...

When Obama was Pres and Harper was PM---The beebs came to the west shopping for a preemptive strike on Iran

Does that make him Mother Teresa ?

Careful this is starting to sound a lot like hate speech.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Trump has been pushing back. True.

He’s so ideologically and logically consistent that this should assuage everyone’s concerns.

Ha, ha!

@fishingcomic said:

What does that have to do with the fact that criticizing AIPAC or Israeli Policies makes someone an anti-semite?

This isn't.

@fishingcomic said:

This is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement