A few cards short

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,306 Senior Member

Kids school was on lockout today because of her. As were a whole ton of them in Denver metro area. Thanks whack-a-do.

And 18? What? 18 going on 40.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6929393/Columbine-suburban-Denver-schools-lockdown.html

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,306 Senior Member

What a f’d up world we live in. So nut ball has not been caught. Every school district in the entire metro area and even beyond has closed today because of this crazy psycho.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,269 Senior Member

A crazy psycho that should not have access to guns.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,557 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Should not have access to air.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,095 Senior Member

My wife just found out more than one of her younger 20 to 30 year old FB friends thinks 911 was a gov conspiracy. They also think Notre Dame was most likely an inside job too. If these are the future leaders,, we’re doomed.

@CO Native said:

@fishingcomic said:

Should not have access to air.

Good news is that she won't be wasting any more air. She offed herself.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    My wife just found out more than one of her younger 20 to 30 year old FB friends thinks 911 was a >gov conspiracy.

Do they associate with Ed?

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

She lived in Miami, how did she buy a gun in Colorado?

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

So she bought the shotgun at a store about two miles from here. Apparently from what I've read it was all done legally. She was subjected to background checks and passed.

I didn't know you could go to another state and buy a gun from out of state but apparently you can?

What I guess I don't get though is how if there is an FBI man hunt n for your a$$ how you can possibly pass a background check. I guess naively I figured that would create a hge red flag

Today is the 20th anniversary of Columbine. I am glad she offed herself instead of achieving her reported goal of having a repeat.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,779 Senior Member

I believe you can buy long guns out of state, but sales of handguns are limited to the states directly neighboring your home state.

I heard that she purchased the gun before all the **** hit the fan. So per the background checks, everything was just fine. After getting the gun, then she posted.

And yes, long guns you can buy in any state after the age of 18, just no handguns. Shows just how stupid the people making these laws are. You can buy an AR or AK in any state, but not a pistol. Which do you think can do more damage?

@CO Native said:
    I heard that she purchased the gun before all the **** hit the fan. So per the background checks, everything was just fine. After getting the gun, then she posted.

And yes, long guns you can buy in any state after the age of 18, just no handguns. Shows just how stupid the people making these laws are. You can buy an AR or AK in any state, but not a pistol. Which do you think can do more damage?

And if you tried to change that the Right and the NRA would go batspit crazy.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

As they should. If you pass a background check, you should be able to buy what you want anywhere you want.

@CO Native said:

I did not know this.

@CO Native said:
    As they should. If you pass a background check, you should be able to buy what you want anywhere you want.

Except the right and the NRA don't want background checks either.

That,s not true Chris. They have no problem with the NICS.

Good so let's expand it to 3rd party sales.

@fishingcomic said:
    Good so let's expand it to 3rd party sales.

Already did here and I don't have a problem with that.
    Works good in Illinois too (talking about your favorite subject).

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member

Bream, I can't buy a handgun in FL. Well, I can't buy it and take it home. Have to have it shipped to a local FFL. That may be FL law, I don't know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.