Sympathies to our US Members

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 2,812 Senior Member

Sorry to hear your Prez was Shot down in Hanoi

Oh Snap!!...Hey..I'm here all week

Anna 1.. Anna2...

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,812 Senior Member

Been checkin their Facebook status---not sure if Trump and Kim are still in love?

They didn't even wait to eat

Wonder who gets custody of the silverware

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,012 Senior Member

At least Pres. Trump didn’t give away the store. That’s a win.

@Green Mt Boy said:
    At least Pres. Trump didn’t give away the store. That’s a win.

this is very true

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,921 Senior Member
    edited March 1 #5

It's all fun and games till one of Kim's loonie tune rockets targeting the US misfires and detonates over Canada.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,888 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Been checkin their Facebook status---not sure if Trump and Kim are still in love?

They didn't even wait to eat

Wonder who gets custody of the silverware

Relationship status was changed to "It's Complicated."

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member

Some day I truly hope to be able to congratulate this Administration on something, but this is not that day. Having worked on summit meetings I know that the summit itself is just a photo op. Every minute is carefully choreographed, and any agreement or proclamation has been painstakingly worked out beforehand.

This fiasco has several possible explanations. The most likely is poor staff work leading up to the event combined with Trump's belief that he can pull rabbits out of a hat at the last minute by dint of his magic charm and deal-making skills.

Another possibility is that Kim thought that he could play Trump for one-sided concessions the way he did the last time. Thank Pompeo for keeping Trump on a leash to prevent that happening.

The least likely scenario, IMO, is that there was an agreement but that one side backed out at the last minute.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@MikeA said:
    It's all fun and games till one of Kim's loonie tune rockets targeting the US misfires and detonates over Canada.

Yeah..no

Kim's power is having nukes---not using them

And to sit and worry about it---is a waste of a life

I try and go by the words of that ole writer Willy S.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member

Kim and his generals are well aware that a nuclear attack on the United States would result in the annihilation of North Korea. Having nukes is his version of a "This House Protected by Smith & Wesson" sticker.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,523 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Relationship status was changed to "It's Complicated."

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are. Almost had a coffee incident when I read it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.