Oh Canada. . .

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 3,882 Senior Member

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,914 Senior Member
    edited February 28 #2

I've no idea how it will turn out, but I do like the video of the river-running dumpster fire.

p.s. It would be a shame to lose the world's only head of government whose mother was said (by Jagger) to have performed fellatio on Mick Jagger in a row boat on Central Park lake, and was photographed dancing commando at Studio 54.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,801 Senior Member

Yeah---think what you will but Ezra Levant has been barred from more places for his reporting than you would imagine

He's the Cdn equivalent to Ann Coulter

He takes vulgarity and cheap shots to a whole new level---nobody takes him seriously---unless you are uber Right wing---he had a tv show under the Harper years----turfed

And I suspect the tears are from a recent photo where Trudeau was in Nova Scotia where 7 kids were killed in a house fire--he attended

Yeah there's stuff comin down the pipe---currently at the he said/she said stage

@George K said:
    I've no idea how it will turn out, but I do like the video of the river-running dumpster fire.

p.s. It would be a shame to lose the world's only head of government whose mother was said (by Jagger) to have performed fellatio on Mick Jagger in a row boat on Central Park lake, and was photographed dancing commando at Studio 54.

Yeah---national treasure---we're all very proud

Had to look up the name---as he's not on my favs

Ezra is our Alex Jones--looking to maintain that any publicity is good publicity

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,913 Senior Member
    edited February 28 #6

So,, This made me wonder if these companies that were protected could have been in any way connected to Uranium one?

Ex-attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould testified to a House of Commons justice committee on Wednesday that senior officials uttered "veiled threats" against her in an attempt to convince her not to file criminal charges against SNC-Lavalin. The company, which reportedly employs 28,000 people in 100 companies, is accused of bribing Libyan officials with millions of dollars between 2001 and 2011 to secure government contracts there.

SNC-Lavalin
    http://www.snclavalin.com/en/market-services/nuclear/nuclear-technology/
    We are the stewards of CANDU technology. For over 60 years, our pressurized heavy water reactors have supplied the public with safe, reliable and affordable carbon-free power.

ADVANTAGES OF CANDU REACTORS
    Fuelled with natural uranium

Hmmm....

edited February 28 #7

Think your on the wrong fishin expedition Mike

SNC is one of the world's largest construction companies---they may build reactors--not sure

The story is----last year there was a law passed---think the US may have it---but Britain, France and Australia already had it---"Deferred Prosecution Agreement "

This protects workers jobs and pensions in the event the company in question folds up its tents due to prosecution

Yesterday when asked---Jodi Wilson Raybould (who was the AG) if she thought the pressures were illegal---she said No

So right now---it's mud slingin fodder for opposition parties--see where it goes

RCMP may investigate---nothing yet

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,882 Senior Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/world/canada/trudeau-wilson-raybould-snc-lavalin.html

looks pretty bad. He may survive, but he's definitely taking a hit.

Won't let me read the article

I did watch the 4 hour event yesterday (on top of 4 hours of Cohen---holy couch potato batman)

She says she felt pressure but was slow to report it and after a cabinet shuffle---she accepted Veteran's Affairs

So can they prove "conspiracy to influence"?---not sure---cuz SNC never did get the DPA---so if there was pressure---it did not work

And of course SNC is threatening to leave Canada and take its 9000 jobs with them

Many are saying this became an issue cuz She lost AG---and felt Veteran's Affairs is a demotion

@Bushart said:

I did watch the 4 hour event yesterday (on top of 4 hours of Cohen---holy couch potato batman)

cabin fever? :)

Too bad you can't open the link. Its a good story.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,913 Senior Member

Try it in incognito mode...

@sherb said:

@Bushart said:

cabin fever? :)

Soon the walls will answer back---can always get philosophic

I Drink....Therefore I am

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,914 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

@George K said:

Yeah---national treasure---we're all very proud

I'd take Maggie over Trump any time as a representative of my country.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,386 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/27/world/canada/trudeau-wilson-raybould-snc-lavalin.html

looks pretty bad. He may survive, but he's definitely taking a hit.

"For all the alleged pressure to end the criminal case, prosecutors, who are supposed to be independent of politics in Canada, have formally told SNC-Lavalin that they will not consider a settlement."

Is this what happens when you don't have even a weak unitary executive?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.