Cohen testimony on Trump: 'He is a racist. He is a conman. He is a cheat.'

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 1,012 Senior Member

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,074 Senior Member

If Trump is so terrible why did Cohen work for him?

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,637 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

He's a lawyer.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,885 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,396 Senior Member

Cohen is a fixer. Got to work for somebody who needs help with fixing...that ain't Mother Teresa.

Btw, is the fact that Donald Trump is a despicable human being new news?

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,012 Senior Member

Writing hush money checks while in office is new news.

@Steven said:
    Cohen is a fixer. Got to work for somebody who needs help with fixing...that ain't Mother Teresa.

So you agree that he is a racist, a conman and a cheat?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 1,012 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

Cohen explains that in his statement. If you haven’t read it you should.

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

I have no proof he's a racist or a tax cheat. But he's certainly a conman, misogynistic, boorish, a bully and heaven knows what else.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,921 Senior Member

I know this is true.

Fiat Chrysler said it will spend $4.5 billion to build the first new auto assembly plant in Detroit in almost three decades, boosting its workforce in the area by about 6,500 jobs. Investment officials touted the plan as an uncommon opportunity to revive the region's economy.

President Donald Trump thanked Fiat Chrysler via Twitter. "They are all coming back to the USA, it's where the action is!" he wrote on Wednesday morning.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/fiat-chrysler-new-plant-opening-new-detroit-plant-in-4-5-billion-plan-6500-jobs/

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member

Chrysler had the worst reliability record of any car company with significant sales in the United States, then it was bought by Fiat, which has a worse record. Having owned a Fiat, and watched a family Plymouth slowly disintegrate in just three years I do not think I ever would buy another.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,886 Senior Member
    edited February 27 #14

Quite a day. Cohen's been disbarred by New York State, and the Florida Congressman who threatened Cohen yesterday has been referred to the Florida State Bar. And that's just today.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,916 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Quite a day. Cohen's been disbarred by New York State, and the Florida Congressman who threatened Cohen yesterday has been referred to the Florida State Bar. And that's just today.

What do you think, did his tweet amount to witness tampering?

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,886 Senior Member

@George K said:

@sherb said:

What do you think, did his tweet amount to witness tampering?

yeah, technically.

I say "technically" because its an easy law to violate, but its not always easy to sell a prosecution to a jury. As a lawyer, he **** well shouldn't have done it. I'll tell you that.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member

@Steven said:

To many, yes. Yes, indeed it is.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,858 Senior Member

Just read a comment on a NYT article. It alluded to this whole situation being like 'The Producers.' "Don't worry Michael, we're not going to win! This is going to be the best infomercial ever!"

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,966 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

So says the convicted for liar.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

I have no proof he's a racist or a tax cheat. But he's certainly a conman, misogynistic, boorish, a bully and heaven knows what else.

Kind of makes you proud of your party doesn't it?

@Buford said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

So says the convicted for liar.

You do get that all of those lies were in support of Trump and on Trump's orders, right?

@breamfisher said:

@NZ Indicator said:

He's a lawyer.

So as a lawyer you can't refuse to work for someone?

:o

@Green Mt Boy said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Cohen explains that in his statement. If you haven’t read it you should.

I really don't have that much interest in it to tell you the truth.

@fishingcomic said:

Why? We don't have a parliamentary system.

Article I read last night says Trump can rely on Cohen's advice (or lack of advice) regarding the Stormy payments.

Guys...Hilary lost. Can we move on?

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

There isn't anything that's come to light that makes me wish Hillary had won. After the Kavanaugh hearings, AKA disgusting abuse of power, were you proud of your party?

@NZ Indicator said:
    Guys...Hilary lost. Can we move on?

@MikeA said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

@Steven said:

There isn't anything that's come to light that makes me wish Hillary had won. After the Kavanaugh hearings, AKA disgusting abuse of power, were you proud of your party?

I am proud that my party asked for an investigation of an alleged sexual abuser. Are you proud your party just told women that their claims don't matter?

You mean the FBI? I believe that's exactly how the law works.

That was not an investigation into those allegations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.