Dem candidates for president

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,770 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    "But this time will be different" - every young leftist everywhere, every time.

This is also true of conservatives just before they balloon the deficit when they give tax cuts to billionaires.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,727 Senior Member

The Dem's pick Beto

I'm headin deep into the Rockies and doin the new Canadian Jeremiah Johnson
    \
    Cuz all sanity will be lost-

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,818 Senior Member

Sheb and Bushart,

Why the "sigh" and Jeremiah Johnson? I'm lost.

I'd much rather have Beto than crazy Bernie or Warren. Or Harris. Or Surfer Girl.

@Shawn C. said:
    Sheb and Bushart,

I'd much rather have Beto than crazy Bernie or Warren. Or Harris. Or Surfer Girl.

Beto couldn't even beat the lizard king in Texas for one

And Patience grasshopper---all the Dem names are not in yet

Yeah, I'm not religious but you know who I'm praying for.

To even come within shouting distance of the lizard man in TX is a real accomplishment. He did well.
    All I can say is the Far Left is really starting to pisz me off.

@Bushart said:

@Shawn C. said:
    Sheb and Bushart,

The fact that he came as close as he did in the same state that gave us Louis Gohmert means he is a force to be reckoned with.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

My labs will definitely vote for Beto because his dog looks cool. You guys do know that we Dems register our dogs to vote, right?

@Bushart said:

@Shawn C. said:
    Sheb and Bushart,

The fact that he came as close as he did in the same state that gave us Louis Gohmert means he is a force to be reckoned with.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 990 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

@Shawn C. said:
    Sheb and Bushart,

I’m liking Harris, but it is early.

Seems like half the country is running for the D nomination.

I don't have a dog in this fight

Hey I'd like Bart Simpson if he'd win in 2020

The key is Trump removal and normalizing trade and relations going fwd

The BS steel and alum tariffs are still in place---spreading pain equally on both sides of border

As an aside---I understand Trump is taking time away from his busy schedule running the country to hone his name calling list

We had Pocohantas
    Now Bernie is The Nutty Professor
    Wonder what Beto would be?

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,876 Senior Member

Beto is the POTUS race, what boy bands are to rock and roll. Glam glitter, girl power, financial backing powerhouse, media darling, shoved down your throat whether you like it or not, indebted to his owners, 100% politician. If you listen closely you can almost hear the media getting moist from just the mere mention of his name. This will be sickening to watch. 

@MikeA said:
    Beto is the POTUS race, what boy bands are to rock and roll. Glam glitter, girl power, financial backing powerhouse, media darling, shoved down your throat whether you like it or not, indebted to his owners, 100% politician. If you listen closely you can almost hear the media getting moist from just the mere mention of his name. This will be sickening to watch. 

OK---Freud says

Thursday is Bath and Sex night :)

@MikeA said:

Sounds a lot like the orange overlord.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,839 Senior Member

This kind of reminds me of the meltdowns you guys were having over Obama.

edited March 14 #202

You mean when the media swooned over him and sha t on a war hero/POW? Evidently Media collusion to sway an election is ok with you.

Me,, I'm for whoever they're against.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,366 Senior Member

Definitely going to have to go to the State Fair this year.

@fishingcomic said:

This kind of reminds me of the meltdowns you guys were having over Obama.

I know it pains you that he's a white dude and you can't accuse everyone against him of being racist. :)

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,366 Senior Member

Trump will hit O'Rourke with the nickname "Beta," and it will all be over.

@Steven said:
    Trump will hit O'Rourke with the nickname "Beta," and it will all be over.

ha.

The man has a gift. no doubt about that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.