Lamar Valley Thread

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,963 Senior Member

Lets get a final head count.

Right now, I have me, Lipski, Comic, Shawn, Gary, Mike from Darby, Steven. . . who else?

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member

Didn't Joe say he might go? I live in Conner, not Darby

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,538 Senior Member

Sherb, count me out.
    As much as I'd love to meet Steven, I don't think I'll make it. In my old age, I don't play that well with others.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    Sherb, count me out.
    As much as I'd love to meet Steven, I don't think I'll make it. In my old age, I don't play that well with others.

Please come.

I've fished with Dog a number of times. You can't find two more different people.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,396 Senior Member

I can't make it this time, guys.

@Goldenladle said:

Joe is afeared of the Grizzers.

Sorry about that. I was 7.9 miles off. My mistake :)

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,072 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    Sherb, count me out.

There will be plenty of people that you and I do not even have to talk. In fact that was my plan.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • bmmikebmmike Senior Member Posts: 530 Senior Member

Chris has fished with and drank with Ed, Doug, Greg, Colston, and the rest of those elderlies in the past. Everyone can put their differences aside on the river and in camp.

Quite frankly, if anyone starts on the politics theyre getting bear attractant in/on all their gear. Might be tough for this crew, but lets give it a go, hey!

I usually talk food and bad jokes.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,912 Senior Member

@bmmike said:
    Chris has fished with and drank with Ed, Doug, Greg, Colston, and the rest of those elderlies in the past. Everyone can put their differences aside on the river and in camp.

Quite frankly, if anyone starts on the politics theyre getting bear attractant in/on all their gear. Might be tough for this crew, but lets give it a go, hey!

C'mon man....I got big money ridin on the Yellowstone Thunderdome

This is my Retirement we're talkin here!!

Make yur picks at LodgeBrawl.com

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,249 Senior Member

I can't make it then. Guess Buffy gets my spot in tent with Sherb.

I'm gonna puts my tippet in sherb.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,947 Senior Member

Yep, I’m there. Doc said I should be fine to wade by then, probably even by mid-June.

Casting? Hmmm... Start PT for the arm/shoulder next week. They will know my goal is to get back to fishing after runoff. I think I’ll be okay but will attend nonetheless (with Chris, of course).

You have got to be kidding me.

No one is allowed to skip because of politics ****.

This board is a refuge from that, a space where everything in our lives isn't consumed by tribalism. C'mon people.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,105 Senior Member

@Goldenladle said:

I'm a solid maybe. Trying to figure out some other stuff I have going on and if I'll have enough vacation days left to pull it off.

@sherb said:
    You have got to be kidding me.

No one is allowed to skip because of politics ****.

This board is a refuge from that, a space where everything in our lives isn't consumed by tribalism. C'mon people.

Now if you can't handle the occasional pee pee joke, we may have a problem.

I think I found just the thing to help Shawn with his wading.

That and a pocket fisherman and I’m set!

You punks better post pics.

And I want kind of like a Dead **** for Kyner, but maybe.... Gay **** for Buffco?

Are you asking for beef cake of Sherb?

So what are we up to head-count wise?
    Me, Comic, Sheb, Cocaine Mike, Golden Ladle Mike (?), Steven (?). Anyone else?

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member

Still haven't broached the subject with the home office, but I plan on being there.

It’s Miguel, thankyouverymuch.

@Steven said:
    Still haven't broached the subject with the home office, but I plan on being there.

I did. The response I got was. . .ambivalent?

Gonna cost me a lot of DTI. but I'll be there.

Tell her you’ll be gone for a week then when you aren’t she’ll be happy you’re home early and DTI, whatever that means, ends up in your favor.

@sherb said:

@Steven said:

I did. The response I got was. . .ambivalent?

Gonna cost me a lot of DTI. but I'll be there.

She knew the job was dangerous when she took it.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,897 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    So what are we up to head-count wise?
    Me, Comic, Sheb, Cocaine Mike, Golden Ladle Mike (?), Steven (?). Anyone else?

So far so good, looking forward to it.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Joe K.?
    JBilly (Jim)? You need to start wearing the pants in the family and this is a fine place to start. ;)

Comic, were you able to reach out to any other folks who used to post here?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.