What’s this about??

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 3,230 Senior Member

FBI agents raided the home of a recognized Department of Justice whistleblower who privately delivered documents pertaining to the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One to a government watchdog, according to the whistleblower’s attorney.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2018/11/29/fbi-whistleblower-clinton-uranium

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,230 Senior Member

Weird that this isn't' getting much coverage.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley wants answers from FBI Director Christopher Wray about a Nov. 19 bureau raid on the home of a recognized whistleblower.
    https://thepoliticalinsider.com/chuck-grassley-clinton-foundation/

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,235 Senior Member

Grassley still has subpoena power for a few more weeks, he should use it if he really is concerned.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,472 Senior Member

He's not, he just wants to provide cover for the Cheeto Jesus. This whole story smells like dead fish and Mike, from now on I am going to post stories from the Daily Kos and you can't say a word about it.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,049 Senior Member

Unfortunately, I read that. My God, the conspiracy theories don't even make much sense anymore. Then again, it could have been the shi++y writing.

Here is a graphic illustration of the Uranium One conspiracy theory.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

In skimming through that I nearly puked when I remembered that Sebastian ****ing Gorka used to be part of the rump Administration. Man... the movies and books are going to be interesting when this whole sordid affair is through.

What's the conspiracy?

Fact:
    The main question is: At the time of the deal’s consummation, did the Clinton Foundation and the former president himself, receive money from the Russians to grease the wheels for the deal?

Bill Clinton did receive $500,000 to deliver a speech at a Russian bank that was promoting Uranium One stock, according to The New York Times, and the company’s chairman donated $2.35 million to the foundation in four installments as Uranium One was being acquired by Rosatum between 2009 and 2013.

All told, $145 million went to the Clinton Foundation from those linked to Uranium One and UrAsia, but it went to the charity organization and not the Clinton family. Furthermore, most of those donations occurred before and during Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign, according to The Post.

Assessment: Yes, the foundation received money and Bill Clinton was paid to give a speech, but there’s no evidence the Clintons were paid by Russians to push through the uranium deal

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-clintons-russia-trump-688592

Fact
    Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The racketeering scheme was conducted “with the consent of higher level officials” in Russia who “shared the proceeds” from the kickbacks, one agent declared in an affidavit years later.

Rather than bring immediate charges in 2010, however, the Department of Justice (DOJ) continued investigating the matter for nearly four more years, essentially leaving the American public and Congress in the dark about Russian nuclear corruption on U.S. soil during a period when the Obama administration made two major decisions benefiting Putin’s commercial nuclear ambitions.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

But that's been beat to death and you guys are evidently ok with Russian collusion as long as it's Democrats doing it.

I'm just wondering why the FBI would raid the informant's house and take the evidence.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,820 Senior Member

one of these days Mike, you're going to wake up in the morning and shout , what the hell was I thinking.

Regarding this piece you've posted, you really need to seek other sources for this story, because what you have here is a conspiracy theory, and isn't true.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

That’s why I posted it as a question.
    So the feds didn’t raid the guys house?

Bottom line, she did not have the authority to approve or prevent the deal and all the uranium has to remain in the United States. It is BENGHAZI all over again. The Republicans were praising her as a great Secretary of State all the way up to the point where she looked like she could win an election.

It’s not and I don’t remember anyone on this board going on about Benghazi.

WT F gives 145 million to the Clinton charity foundation for nothing in return? Think about that. If Mueller were to uncover a Russian paying a Trump charity a sum of 145 million,, you’re going to be ok with that. Right?

Facts allude you. She simply did not have the power to do what you claim. Well part of the problem with giving money to a Trump charity would be he would use that money to pay his legal bills.

The Clinton foundation does things like provides AIDS medications for babies. Maybe they did it to soften public opinion of the regime. But keep in mind that in Hillary Clinton we have a secretary of state that accused Putin of stealing an election. While in Trump you have a President who congratulated Trump for his electoral victory and calls him a great leader.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,235 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    It’s not and I don’t remember anyone on this board going on about Benghazi.

WT F gives 145 million to the Clinton charity foundation for nothing in return? Think about that. If Mueller were to uncover a Russian paying a Trump charity a sum of 145 million,, you’re going to be ok with that. Right?

Benghazi was a big deal on the board for some of the rightie guys, some no longer here.

True, no one I know gives $145 million for no reason; why people associated with the uranium deal did I don't know, but the Clintons are money-loving sleazes who also are masters of staying just on the right side of the law.

The uranium deal appears to be a red herring. No matter who owns the mine, government approval would be needed to export the ore. We're not talking about a plutonium processing plant here. Moreover Clinton did not approve the sale.

Here's an unbiased account of what happened: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Scroll down to the section headed: "The Uranium One Deal Was Not Clinton’s to Veto or Approve"

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    edited December 6 #16

@fishingcomic said:
    Facts allude you. She simply did not have the power to do what you claim. Well part of the problem with giving money to a Trump charity would be he would use that money to pay his legal bills.

The Clinton foundation does things like provides AIDS medications for babies. Maybe they did it to soften public opinion of the regime. But keep in mind that in Hillary Clinton we have a secretary of state that accused Putin of stealing an election. While in Trump you have a President who congratulated Trump for his electoral victory and calls him a great leader.

You don't see any irony in the the fact that The FBI either hid or lied about not telling the President or SOS that they had proof of Russian corruption extortion bribery by senior managers of a company owned by the Russian government’s nuclear company, Rosatom AKA Uranium one, before the deal was signed?

You don't see any irony in the fact that the man now investigating Trump is the same man who didn't bother or lied about not telling the Obama admin about the investigation of Russian corruption extortion bribery by senior managers of a company owned by the Russian government’s nuclear company, Rosatom AKA Uranium one?

You don't see any conflict of interest with the payment of 145 mil to Clinton's "charity foundation" from a man linked to that company ? At least you'd admit it horribly bad optics right?

BTW, how much has the Clinton "Charity foundation" received since she lost the election??

Donations dropped by almost 58 percent, according to the New York Post. Recently released tax filings show donations dropped from $62.91 million in 2016, to $26.57 million in 2017.

Another source of Clinton cash, fees from speaking engagements, also did a major dip. In 2015 the Clintons received $3.6 million in speaking fees. In 2017 that number dropped to $300,000, according to the Post.

How strange... Facts are all I'm posting Comic.

Your source for this is full of spit. Get me a source that does not call everybody else fake news.

@MikeA said:

You don't see any irony in the the fact that The FBI...

You don't see any irony in the fact that the man now investigating Trump is the same man...

You typed it our right there, Mike. It is all part of a narrative to discredit the FBI senior leadership at all costs. Why? You know why. The Trmup Protection MAchine has really gone into high gear.

edited December 7 #20

Try something for me. Actually read those articles and then the nonsense you posted earlier and then tell me how those articles actually substantiate the paranoid BS regarding Hillary in your previous load of manure.

Further tell me where it says that Hillary Clinton had anything to say on the matter personally or that 17 other agencies did not also have to sign on to the deal.

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:

You don't see any irony in the the fact that The FBI...

You don't see any irony in the fact that the man now investigating Trump is the same man...

You typed it our right there, Mike. It is all part of a narrative to discredit the FBI senior leadership at all costs. Why? You know why. The Trmup Protection MAchine has really gone into high gear.

Except Newsweek is far from being a Trump protection machine. They are actually the opposite. And those articles, well, they're over a year old.

If you can read those articles and not think something might be off with all that,, then I'm not going to change your views. Vote for her next go round. I don't really care.

BTW CFIUS is made up of nine departments, including the State Department, of which Clinton was the secretary during the sale's approval. She could have stopped the deal.

And none of the two articles show that Hillary Clinton had anything to do with the decision nor do they say anything about a cover-up. In fact they say there was an investigation.

• RedRockFisherRedRockFisher Posts: 10 Junior Member

Everyone know that the Clintons are totally upstanding citizens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.