Home The Lodge

Trumps Stunt

LokioneLokione Posts: 19 Junior Member

I was Seaducer on here but for some reason I could no longer log in. Yesterday I was livid to hear Trump was going to send 5,000 active duty troops to the border and then I get home today and I hear it might be 10,000 to 15,000. Soldiers do not train to be unarmed border patrol helpers and this has nothing to do with national security its more red meat for his brain dead base . What the **** is wrong with general Mad Dog that he would allow this chit.Send the girl scouts they have great cookies and they could feed the hungry "Invaders". Maybe use more National Guard ? I don't know.I know there are many other Vets on this board and I would like to hear what you think,and thank you all for your service .As for me I will be sending my first ever Email to my congressman .

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member

Yeah, its ridiculous. I wonder what service branches they are going to pull from for this stunt. I wonder if there will be any thought of affecting unit readiness by pulling these people away from their primary duties? Hey, if they take the military people I work with maybe I can get some overtime!

Or maybe than can recall Sherb. He can stand a the border and flex his lats. They will all turn back in fear.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,677 Senior Member

I could wear one of my two brown sport coats - well, one of them is medium-tone Donegal tweed and the other tan corduroy, actually - furrow my brow and give them the evil eye, assuming, of course, travel expenses and per diem are covered. I could bend over and moon The Donald at the same time. A twofer for the taxpayer, as it were.

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • LokioneLokione Posts: 19 Junior Member

George for that show I would cover the cost myself.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member

So are they going to shoot women and children?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 5,108 Senior Member

@George K said:
    I could wear one of my two brown sport coats - well, one of them is medium-tone Donegal tweed and the other tan corduroy, actually

Patches? Please tell me these have elbow patches.

@Shawn C. said:
    Or maybe than can recall Sherb. He can stand a the border and flex his lats. They will all turn back in fear.

I need to get my head around why sherb would be standing with his back to Mexico.

Sherb's lats even from the front block out the sun.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@Steven said:

@George K said:
    I could wear one of my two brown sport coats - well, one of them is medium-tone Donegal tweed and the other tan corduroy, actually

Patches? Please tell me these have elbow patches.

Only the corduroy one, but alas, they are the same material as and already were on the jacket.

To further disillusion you, it was a $29.99 impulse buy from the last-chance clearance rack at JCPenny while I was shopping for socks. :)

The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

No. Just enforce the border to make sure there is no illegal crossing.

@George K said:
    To further disillusion you, it was a $29.99 impulse buy from the last-chance clearance rack at JCPenny while I was shopping for socks. :)

Argyles though, right?

@Steven said:

@George K said:

Argyles though, right?

No. Solid black.

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

Again how? By shooting women and children?

@George K said:

@Steven said:

@George K said:

Argyles though, right?

No. Solid black.

Those go really well with sandals.

• LokioneLokione Posts: 19 Junior Member

No just enforce border and shoot rock throwers

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,276 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #17

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

Maybe you should try google sometime. Then you wouldn't have to ask such silly questions.

Instead, their role will largely mirror that of the existing National Guard troops — about 2,000 in all — deployed to the border over the past six months, including providing helicopter support for border missions, installing concrete barriers and repairing and maintaining vehicles. The new troops will include military police, combat engineers and helicopter companies equipped with advanced technology to help detect people at night.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/31/federal-law-limits-what-us-troops-deployed-at-the-border-can-do/

@George K said:

No. Solid black.

So disappointing.

@Steven said:

@George K said:

No. Solid black.

So disappointing.

And over-the-calf at that! I needed them for a funeral I was to attend, wearing the one suit I own in retirement, a good black one. The only occasions I need a suit these days are weddings and funerals. :)

Another wonderful holiday experience or our troops! Kabul or El Paso? About the same except the Afghanis aren't as well armed as the Texans.

Anyone who is in favor of using these men & women for this political stunt forfeits their right to say "I support the troops."

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,995 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

Another wonderful holiday experience or our troops! Kabul or El Paso? About the same except the Afghanis aren't as well armed as the Texans.

I'll shoot you for that remark. ;)

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Just don't burn your hand this time.

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

Maybe you should try google sometime. Then you wouldn't have to ask such silly questions.

Instead, their role will largely mirror that of the existing National Guard troops — about 2,000 in all — deployed to the border over the past six months, including providing helicopter support for border missions, installing concrete barriers and repairing and maintaining vehicles. The new troops will include military police, combat engineers and helicopter companies equipped with advanced technology to help detect people at night.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/31/federal-law-limits-what-us-troops-deployed-at-the-border-can-do/

You should maybe google what your Cheeto and chief is saying about shooting women and children.

@fishingcomic said:

You should maybe google what your Cheeto and chief is saying about shooting women and children.

Its really just an old IDF tactic. I wonder if Bibi called up Trump to suggest it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement