New Dog!!!

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,844 Senior Member

It looks like things are going to work out with our current 4.5 year old lab so I want to introduce our 8 month old holy terror, Tess.

She is a rescue, papered black lab, who was taken from a breeder where her and her brother were neglected and covered in their own filth. The rescue’s foster family then had her for about two months before she was put up for adoption.

She hasn’t had any training but she is a confident and curious pup. Quite well socialized given her past situation. We are glad (most of the time ;) )
To have her as part of the family! One week in so wish us luck!

Replies

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 162 Senior Member

Cute pup

• DblhaulDblhaul Member Posts: 56 Member

Great looking pup!

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,833 Senior Member

Right on Shawn.

I sure wish we could have a dog. I miss it

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,070 Senior Member

Nice looking dog. Good luck to all.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,844 Senior Member

Thanks all! It’s been an interesting but rewarding week.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,116 Senior Member

How much stuff has she chewed through?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:
    How much stuff has she chewed through?

One pair of Jen’s cheap flip-flops. She dies like to chew but we have a lot of sticks outside for that.

She’s a kleptomaniac. Keeps sneaking off with stuff and then when you go to get it she’s like “It’s on! Try and get it!”
    Ignoring the behavior is helping though.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,882 Senior Member

Good looking pup.
    Between both of mine I don't have half a dog. The wife insists on those **** ankle biters

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • joyescapejoyescape Posts: 13 Junior Member
    edited August 13 #10

Looks like she brings so much joy in your family. Here is my adorable dog name Aki. Would you mind helping me which among this dog gate should I install on the open kitchen door. I have moved into a new apartment and it seems like the set-up lacks some of the boundary on the rooms that my dog should not enter. Lately, I have been seeing fur on my food as he loves to roam around the kitchen especially when I am cooking.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,093 Senior Member

Nice looking dog and the best part is that you rescued her.
    I hate when they set up those dog rescues outside of malls and such. I see them mutts and want to take them all home, but I really don't want another dog. I HATE THAT.

Locally there is a strip mall that houses a sportsman’s warehouse and a Petco right next to each other. About two years ago a group had a litter of German short-haired pointers that were unwanted. They were sooo cute but we weren’t ready for another dog yet.

• magikarps17magikarps17 Posts: 15 Junior Member

She's adorable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file