A fishing thread

CO NativeCO Native Senior MemberPosts: 1,005 Senior Member

Was up at a lake in northwest CO camping with the wife. Hoping to get a little fishing in on the lake from the float tube, but the wind was not cooperating at all. So I drove down the road and fished the small creek below it with my 2 wt. There are ton of downed trees which made it pretty tough fishing and slow going.
I caught a ton of brookies in the 4-8 range and handful of bows in the 8-12 inch range. One small brown which surprised me.
I finally came across a young couple fishing a nice stretch of water with no trees in the way. She was fishing and he was watching because she fell and broke her rod earlier that day. She was using a spincaster with a small mepps spinner.
There was a very nice looking undercut bank with deep water running through it and she hit perfect with a cast and pulled a 17 inch brown out from under that bank. It was a football!!

It always amazes me how such tiny water can hold such big fish. Good news is, a couple of pics and she put it back.

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,288 Senior Member

Nice!!!

9 more days and I will be in CO for a week of eat, fish, sleep...

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,005 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:
    Nice!!!

9 more days and I will be in CO for a week of eat, fish, sleep...

Where?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,288 Senior Member

Walden area. It's been treating me well the past few years.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,005 Senior Member

We were about 30-35 miles northwest of Walden.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,715 Senior Member

We are staying in steamboat for a quick family vacation before kids go back to school next week.

Took them and wife to Hans Peak lake today where they drowned some worms. Had a lot of fun. A few fish. I didn’t even wet my line though. Spent too much time dealing with knots in spinning rods. God I hate spinning rods. How can these people manage to make such horrid tangles. It’s trully amazing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file