A White Privilege Fail

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,070 Senior Member

A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say.

The arresting officer, who is white, detailed in his official report how Lauren Cutshaw, 32, appealed to him for special treatment based on her race.

When asked why, Ms Cutshaw replied: "You're a cop; you should know what that means," the report states.

She was arrested on Saturday night and also charged with drug possession.

Ms Cutshaw was pulled over after she drove through a stop sign at 60mph (96km/h) in Bluffton, South Carolina.

As officers began investigating, she argued that she should not be arrested.

Ms Cutshaw told officers she had perfect grades her whole life, was a cheerleader and sorority girl, had graduated from a "high accredited university" and that her partner was a police officer, according to a law enforcement report viewed by local news site The Island Packet.

The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,116 Senior Member

She wasn't shot to death, success.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,882 Senior Member

Where is the video of this? or is it just more Internet bull crap.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Apparently now the BBC is fake news.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,844 Senior Member

So now we need video evidence for a white d-bag acting like a d-bag.. However, clear video evidence of white cops shooting black men in the back isn't enough to make them guilty of anything.

That's a screwed up way of thinking, man.

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 909 Senior Member

From the photo I saw, I would suspect she's a clean, thoroughbred, white, light hook. Then again, maybe she's just a poor, little girl who lost her brass pole.

Jim

@Shawn C. said:
    So now we need video evidence for a white d-bag acting like a d-bag.. However, clear video evidence of white cops shooting black men in the back isn't enough to make them guilty of anything.

That's a screwed up way of thinking, man.

Just skeptical of all these stupid Internet stories. As to the cops, well they can shoot whom ever they please with little or no consequences. They are after all above the law in almost all shootings.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,844 Senior Member

I just don't think a source like the BBC is making things up. It's not like some dude's blog.
    Going to watch any of the pre-season game on Thursday if you can catch it?

edited August 9 #9

Don't you get it? Some right wing nutbag;s blog is real news. The BBC is for sheeple.

I'll be there. Steelers against the Eagles.
    They have to get 7 this year. Time is running out.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,345 Senior Member

@Buford said:
    Where is the video of this? or is it just more Internet bull crap.

How do you know the video's not manipulated/fake?

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,093 Senior Member

Kind of like the old joke: Girl bats her eyes at the cop and says "I thought you didn't give tickets to pretty girls"
    Cop says "We don't, please sign here". BOOM

I wonder why the above is news worthy.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,832 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Why would she have been shot? Oh right because cops shoot everyone they see.

Except she’s white. I thought cops only shot unarmed black people.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,832 Senior Member

And Buford there is a video out. I haven’t seen it. No need. She’s a drunken idiot trying to game the system. Why is this hard to believe

@jbilly said:

@fishingcomic said:

Why would she have been shot? Oh right because cops shoot everyone they see.

Except she’s white. I thought cops only shot unarmed black people.

Not surprisingly this went right over your head.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,514 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

That's because she didn't try to flee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file