No, it's not about politics

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 2,279 Senior Member

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/08/west_hollywood_asks_trump_star_removed.html

But we're still cool with Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby, and Roman Polanski.

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,815 Senior Member

lol. They didn't think about that. TDS strikes again.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,165 Senior Member

You think the freak-out is bad now?

Wait until they lose in 2020. There will be much wailing and rending of garments

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,279 Senior Member

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,810 Senior Member
    edited August 7 #5

You forgot about making their women yours. For it is written.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,603 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/08/west_hollywood_asks_trump_star_removed.html

But we're still cool with Kevin Spacey, Bill Cosby, and Roman Polanski.

This is a darn good point!!!

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,603 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    You think the freak-out is bad now?

Wait until they lose in 2020. There will be much wailing and rending of garments

Huh? I don't think Pence is strong enough as a candidate to rally the base like Trump did in 2016.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,708 Senior Member

The others did not destroy entire families and raise the deficit by trillions of dollars.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

So it is about politics?

This is my surprised face. :o

Well his tv show sucked also. It's like giving a star to Wally George.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,281 Senior Member
    edited August 8 #11

@fishingcomic said:
    The others did not destroy entire families and raise the deficit by trillions of dollars.

Where are all these destroyed families you speak of?

I think every president has added to the deficit. Just some more than others.

They're brown so you don't consider them people.

Actually Clinton left us with a surplus and Obama reduced it by nearly half. But I know facts allude you.

@fishingcomic said:

Proof?

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,815 Senior Member

He said destroyed, but he meant to say employed.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,709 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

You sure throw accusations of racism around a lot. Are you a member of antifa?

edited August 8 #17

@jbilly said:

@fishingcomic said:

Right? !

FC has a big chip on his shoulder for some reason.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,287 Senior Member

Would it be wrong to point out that West Hollywood (who did the voting) is a city, and Hollywood (where the star is) is a neighborhood of Los Angeles?

@breamfisher said:
    Would it be wrong to point out that West Hollywood (who did the voting) is a city, and Hollywood (where the star is) is a neighborhood of Los Angeles?

No, and in fact the vote is symbolic since the Chamber of commerce controls the stars, and not the municipality.

But let's never pass up an opportunity to signal our virtue.

@Steven said:
    What is best in life?

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,287 Senior Member

I hope Buffco doesn't see that...

He'll take me back. He always does.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 92 Member

I’m sure we all know that quote is attributed to Genghis Khan (but not until a century after his death so he probably never said it). I liked his officers response better:

“The open steppe, a clear day, and a swift horse under you," responded the officer after a little thought, "and a falcon on your wrist to start up hares."

@fishingcomic said:
    Actually Clinton left us with a surplus and Obama reduced it by nearly half. But I know facts allude you.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I'm reasonably certain that there was still well over $5 trillion of federal debt still outstanding when Slick left office. I'm also reasonably sure that it grew every year, albeit it at a relatively slow rate.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,810 Senior Member

I think he means SW balanced the budget, a feat that eluded W and other GOP budget hawks. As I understand it we are heading for a $trillion+ deficit this year. Way to go, GOPoT!!!!

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@MikeA said:
    He said destroyed, but he meant to say employed.

How many asylum seekers did Trump give jobs to?

@jbilly said:

@fishingcomic said:

You throw around a lot of racism, are you the KKK.

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I'm reasonably certain that there was still well over $5 trillion of federal debt still outstanding when Slick left office. I'm also reasonably sure that it grew every year, albeit it at a relatively slow rate.

Don't pretend you are dumb enough to not know the difference between a budget deficit and debt.

@NZ Indicator said:

@jbilly said:

@fishingcomic said:

Right? !

FC has a big chip on his shoulder for some reason.

I am sick of all your racist accusations against liberals and people of color.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,709 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

@jbilly said:

@fishingcomic said:

You throw around a lot of racism, are you the KKK.

Show some examples. Go ahead

You are a complete [email protected]$%ing idiot. You think everyone here who’s conservative is a racist.

You are beyond pathetic

No I only think 3 of you are.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file