Good times in Chicago over the weekend...

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 9,514 Senior Member

Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,093 Senior Member

Great place to be from. Far from.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,046 Senior Member
    edited August 7 #3

The MSM put a nice bow on it by saying the murder rates are down overall.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,842 Senior Member

Love me some conservatives who care so much about the poor black folk of Chicago. :'(

edited August 7 #5

Also, this totally gives Joe away as a right-wing radio listener. This is a favorite subject the hosts switch to anytime there is gun violence stories. Actually, one host last night pivoted directly from the daily evidence of conspiracy to defraud the United States stories to black-on-black violence in Chicago. Because... ???

It's been on the news Shawn. It's sounding like you're the one listening to the crazy stations. I sure don't and I don't think Joe has time to.

Ha, ha! Joe's got to listen to something while driving to fishing and the bike trail head! ;)

I do listen to the crazy stations 4-5 times a week for about 20-30 minutes. I like to know my enemy. Sun Tzu and all that.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,344 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Also, this totally gives Joe away as a right-wing radio listener. This is a favorite subject the hosts switch to anytime there is gun violence stories. Actually, one host last night pivoted directly from the daily evidence of conspiracy to defraud the United States stories to black-on-black violence in Chicago. Because... ???

CNN also covered it this weekend.

As they should have. But they probably didn't say that democrats are racist while doing it. ;)

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,109 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    Love me some conservatives who care so much about the poor black folk of Chicago. :'(

And never a word about the poor white folk in their own back yard.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Now if a white guy drove anybody to those shootings, he would be completely innocent.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Isn't the NY Times fake news?

@fishingcomic said:

Isn't the NY Times fake news?

Comic just won the Internet for the day!

@Shawn C. said:
    Ha, ha! Joe's got to listen to something while driving to fishing and the bike trail head! ;)

I do listen to the crazy stations 4-5 times a week for about 20-30 minutes. I like to know my enemy. Sun Tzu and all that.

I'm on free sat radio for a trial and my guilty pleasure has been listening to Howard Stern. I know it's childish but sometimes he freaking cracks me up.

I like Sirius/XM but hate paying for it if that makes any sense. I'm looking at getting a new car so I'm going to cancel it and then take advantage of the free trial with new the new ride.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,514 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

It was on Good Morning America. Caught the story when I was eating breakfast and drinking coffee.

@Shawn C. said:

If I'm not listening to the local rock station. I listen to Wisconsin Public Radio.

@Shawn C. said:
    I like Sirius/XM but hate paying for it if that makes any sense. I'm looking at getting a new car so I'm going to cancel it and then take advantage of the free trial with new the new ride.

After our free trial expired they sent me an offer...$30 for 6 months. I took it.

@NZ Indicator said:

@Shawn C. said:

After our free trial expired they sent me an offer...$30 for 6 months. I took it.

That's what I'm going to do next time. Totally worth it for $5/month.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file