So I guess this is the new source of truth for the Trumpers.

2»

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

@Shawn C. said:
    So are you on record saying it is ok for a hostile foreign power to disrupt our electoral process? You're good with that?

I don't buy that facebook trolls from Russia had any effect on the election. You guys believe non citizens should have a vote in our elections for Gods sake. I'm good with a FREE and open internet that can't be manipulated by whatever administration is in charge at the time. I like unbiased internet. I like untaxed internet. You realize when they form an agency to “oversee” the internet we’re going to have to pay for it right? Hmmm,, maybe a nice usage tax based on how much data you consume would be fair…. F that!

Net Neutrality (RIP) had nothing to do with government ownership of the Internet or its content. Nor was it about the majority political party having any power to manipulate it. At all!!! It was about regulating it like a public utility. I hope you enjoy it when your favorite sites are throttled to a snail's pace because they are now owned by AT&T or Comcast. Have fun shelling out extra money each month to those companies. And where in the bloody he!! did you read or hear about the Federal Government taxing the Internet? Alex Jones?

Please find me one Democrat who wants to enfranchise non-citizens. Just one, Vasily.

If you think the Russians had no influence on our electoral process why don't we invite some other countries to help. Maybe Venezuela? Mexico? Iran? No harm, right?

+1 for using tautology. That's a word you don't see every day.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,584 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #34

@MikeA said:

@Shawn C. said:
    So are you on record saying it is ok for a hostile foreign power to disrupt our electoral process? You're good with that?

I don't buy that facebook trolls from Russia had any effect on the election. You guys believe non citizens should have a vote in our elections for Gods sake. I'm good with a FREE and open internet that can't be manipulated by whatever administration is in charge at the time. I like unbiased internet. I like untaxed internet. You realize when they form an agency to “oversee” the internet we’re going to have to pay for it right? Hmmm,, maybe a nice usage tax based on how much data you consume would be fair…. F that!

Whether or not they had an effect, it was an attack. BTW this entire post demonstrates that you never did read Sen Warner's White Paper.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,783 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #35

Comic I didn’t have to read past the first few pages to know I’m against it.

DUTY TO IDENTIFY INAUTHENTIC ACCOUNTS.
    Alot of my friends use VPN's to protect their identitys online. They aren't (((RUSSIANS))) and they aren’t bots, they aren't spreading fake news, and they aren’t evil hackers trying to take over the world. They simply don’t want to be tracked. The duty to identify inauthentic accounts means they would be targets and likely blacklisted or whatever they plan to do. That’s as far as I made it to know I'm against it. Keep you slimy fingers outa my internet.

That is because you were told to not like it.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:
    That is because you were told to not like it.

You Do realize how many average joe people use VPNs. Right?

Do you realize that you still don't know what you are talking about?

edited August 2018 #39

Actually I do, but it's pointless to argue with you. I thought you guys were all about keeping big brother out of your buisness. Suddenly the FBI, CIA, NSA, are the lefts most trusted partners. That's f-in crazy. It's hard to respect an ideal that doesn't stand for anything.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,815 Senior Member

It really is funny how the partisan view of the FBI, CIA etc, has flipped, but then again - except for criticism of Jaye Edgar - Dems never went around claiming that the FBI and security services were part of a cabal to overthrow the president. Thank the GOP for that bit of craziness.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 966 Senior Member

I am still waiting for the Q network's evidence that the deep state is protecting Hillary's child sex slavery ring..

@George K said:
    It really is funny how the partisan view of the FBI, CIA etc, has flipped...

Well, when the evidence for multiple crimes is in plain view, it is hard to not come down on their side of things.

Jesus, the guy obstructs justice a couple of times/week.

@MikeA said:
    Actually I do, but it's pointless to argue with you. I thought you guys were all about keeping big brother out of your buisness. Suddenly the FBI, CIA, NSA, are the lefts most trusted partners. That's f-in crazy. It's hard to respect an ideal that doesn't stand for anything.

You cannot refuse to read the very document you criticize and then claim any knowledge. You are a fool if you think you can have any expectation of privacy on the internet. Only a conservative would believe that colluding with a foreign government is patriotism, Just remember next time it might be a Democrat that Putin prefers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.