I can totally relate to this

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,812 Senior Member

He should have carried a cane and worn dark glasses too. Tell them it is my service gator.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • SeaducerSeaducer Junior Member Posts: 36 Member

Where you guys been everyone knows in the South a drunk with a gator is pure gold when pickn up the lady's .

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,460 Senior Member

I used to work in an HR department that did FBI background checks. We got an explanation from a candidate for an arrest on their record. "I was out drinking with some buddies and the next thing I know, I was chasing a frozen chicken down the middle of the street." They didn't get the job.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,901 Senior Member

In Idaho this is done with a giant potato.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 230 Senior Member

Did I ever tell you guys the Sheb potato story?

He is probably sick of me telling this story, but here goes.

We were atlantic salmon fishing in Gaspe. They were long days of fishing, often ended with a trip to the local McD's where certain party members would order one of each item on the menu. When we got back to the cabin, Sheb decided he wanted second dinner.

Earlier that week he had thrown a 10lb bag of baking potatoes in the shopping cart. Frenchie and me both offered slight protest that they would never be eaten, but Sheb thought it would be fine.

Sheb asked us if we wanted a baked potato. Frenchie was a firm no, but I was somewhat ambivalent with my response. Sheb threw 3 potatoes in the microwave to cook them.

When the potatoes were finished, the smell got me so I walked over and said Id have one thinking there was no way he was hungry enough to eat 3 large baked potatoes.

Sheb motioned toward the 10lb bag of potatoes with a grunt then devoured all 3 of the potatoes as his second dinner.

I suppose I should have been more committal.

Fin.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,840 Senior Member

I have issues.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 230 Senior Member

Did you see Frenchie is catching salmon in Labrador at the moment? He told me he is going to the Kola Peninsula in Russia to fish for Atlantics this fall, also.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,840 Senior Member

Yep. He sent me a pic.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,034 Senior Member

If I ever eat a meal of three baked potatoes I will call said meal The McSheb.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 197 Senior Member

If he would just bread and deep fry the baked potato he could get by with just one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.