problem is a matter of using the wrong bait or rigs

spadekevinspadekevin Posts: 12 Junior Member

Hello,

Over the last few days I visited Beck three times with the intention of catching carp. The first two times I used a hair rig with a sinker attached to a snap swivel about 2 feet from the hook. I used canned sweet corn as bait and fished near the inlet on the southeast part of the lake. Both times I got skunked.

The third time I used a similar set up but ditched the hair rig and just put three kernels of corn on a size 8 hook. This time I also got skunked, but the first time I put the rod down about a minute later I had a good pull, yet nothing got hooked.

I don't think my problem is a matter of using the wrong bait or rigs since when searching the forum others reported success with similar or exact same setups. I figure either the spot I chose was poor or I may be casting too far. From my readings I remember that people were able to spot the carp from shore, and were able to throw corn where they were casting, while I'm using a 1/2oz sinker on a 6'6 rod, and let's just say that thing flies with relatively little effort.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14835
Content Management System Video

Thank you.

Replies

• FishtyzFishtyz Posts: 9 Junior Member

Were you able to get some info on this?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file