Plastic Straws

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,124 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    I'm all for saving the world, and I never use a straw, but $1K fine is a bit over the top. I'd much rather see them fine the a s s h o l e s that pollute the air with their smoking and throw filters on the ground.

Or rolling coal.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,261 Senior Member

Dang it. I can't recall where I saw it but there was some article that had a twitter comment or something. And it said something like, well you can't get a straw in Kalifornia but you can get free syringes.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,544 Senior Member

Last night we went out to dinner and the waitress dropped straws on the table along with our water.
    I felt rebellious and used one. Now I know how Jesse James must have felt when robbing a bank.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,117 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    Last night we went out to dinner and the waitress dropped straws on the table along with our water.
    I felt rebellious and used one. Now I know how Jesse James must have felt when robbing a bank.

Way to go... Ruining the world one straw at time!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.