Taking my pet for a swim

deewelchdeewelch Posts: 9 Junior Member

Hi guys, I'm taking my pet for fishing and while we are at the lake I'm thinking of swimming there also. I want to ask is there a life jacket for a Chihuahua?

Replies

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 537 Senior Member

Maybe just put a water wing on each of his/her legs and maybe one on the tail.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 4,037 Senior Member

You could try a rubber O-ring and some McFly Foam.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,426 Senior Member

For a Chihuahua, some chain and a concrete block.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,751 Senior Member

Wrong. A hooked collar.

So you can use it to get gators. Make a chihuahua useful.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,973 Senior Member

Southerners and bait fishermen. Living up to the stereotype, guys. :)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@George K said:
    Southerners and bait fishermen. Living up to the stereotype, guys. :)

Okay, then this will inspire a new thread...

• deewelchdeewelch Posts: 9 Junior Member
    edited July 2018 #8

What kind of suggestions are giving me?! Give me a proper on will you? Anyway, I saw this dog life jacket which I think will keep my dog safe around water, on a boat, and at the pool. I need your suggestion guys because I will be going on a trip next week and I need to prepare everything before going out. A good and honest suggestion will help me a lot, please.....

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,969 Senior Member

I'm getting Hextall-esque vibe from this person.

More of a Spiced Pork shoulder And haM.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,973 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

That's not a bad thing. (Come back Hex, we miss you and do not want to sell our souls to that other place.)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,129 Senior Member

@George K said:

@Shawn C. said:

That's not a bad thing. (Come back Hex, we miss you and do not want to sell our souls to that other place.)

Speak for yourself, I heard they have pie.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,129 Senior Member

I don't think it wise to put a chihuahua in a lake that may have LMB in it.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • pandespandes Posts: 6 Junior Member

interesting thread, I have the same question[IMG]http://gshort.click/isna/4/o.png[/IMG]

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 349 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #15

@deewelch said:
    What kind of suggestions are giving me?! Give me a proper on will you? Anyway, I saw this dog life jacket which I think will keep my dog safe around water, on a boat, and at the pool. I need your suggestion guys because I will be going on a trip next week and I need to prepare everything before going out. A good and honest suggestion will help me a lot, please.....

Well, the body shape of a dog is built to keep the head out of water since most of the buoyancy (center of mass of a body with density less than 1) is down low. Put simply, have you ever heard of a dog drowning? I think you might also save $s and wrap Chico in bubble wrap around the chest and tape it in place, but make sure it doesn't unbalence the body in the water. Certainly you should buy the "Doggles" dog goggles, just cause the name is so cute. Always here to help, unlike some.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,426 Senior Member

We're trying to rid the world of chihuahuas, not save them.

Tie a hook to it and go fishing for tiger muskie.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,024 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    I don't think it wise to put a chihuahua in a lake that may have LMB in it.

How long till Strike King makes a chihuahua lure with a pair of treble hooks?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Yo quiero largemouth bass.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.