Pour a sip for Papa.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 3,217 Senior Member
edited July 12 in The Lodge #1

Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of the board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-as-chairman-of-company-boar.html

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,711 Senior Member

CFO of Uber has been forced to resign for unnamed reasons.

Bushart has left us hanging...what's going on with Justin's groping allegations?

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,173 Senior Member

@Steven said:
    CFO of Uber has been forced to resign for unnamed reasons.

Speaking of Uber: Did you know that if you puke in an Uber car, they can get it professionally detailed and charge you for it. I rode with a guy and he said a guy puked in his car. Took over $300 to make is smell OK and the Uber client was pissed.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,829 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of the board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-as-chairman-of-company-boar.html

wait a minute. Hold up. He used it to show his distaste for racism. Are we gonna talk about what he actually said?

Context matters. This sounds like BS to me.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,920 Senior Member

Context doesn't matter anymore, silly. The only way to defeat the white race is to constantly remind them how racist they are.

Libs with extreme white guilt leak a PR conference call, get him fired, repeat.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,460 Senior Member

@Buffco said:
    Context doesn't matter anymore,

Just ask Buford.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited July 13 #7

@Buffco said:
    Context doesn't matter anymore, silly. The only way to defeat the white race is to constantly remind them how racist they are.

Let's get real, racist or not, the man is a feminine hygiene product and his pizza sucks. I care not one whit.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,214 Senior Member

Sorry Buffy, the South will NOT rise again. :/

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@fishingcomic said:

@Buffco said:

Let's get real, racist or not, the man is a feminine hygiene product and his pizza sucks. I care not one whit.

I don't know anything about him. Pizza is ok...

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,900 Senior Member

Let's get real, ****racist or not**, the man is a feminine hygiene product and his pizza sucks. I care not one whit.

Chris your ability to know everything about anything is amazing. Why is this man a ****?

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

@Buffco said:

I don't know anything about him. Pizza is ok...

Well, the pizza is a little better eating than the box it comes in, but that's about all. You need to find a real pizzeria, sir.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 197 Senior Member

@Buffco said:

Media with a need for cheap pseudo-outrage stories go for it. Meanwhile, white people obsessed with cultural favoritism use it as a chance to feel victimized again. Everyone gets something.
    Papa's cushy life will hardly change, nor will the life of any black person.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,217 Senior Member

@creekyguy said:

@Buffco said:

Media with a need for cheap pseudo-outrage stories go for it. Meanwhile, white people obsessed with cultural favoritism use it as a chance to feel victimized again. Everyone gets something.
    Papa's cushy life will hardly change, nor will the life of any black person.

Yep.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 197 Senior Member
    edited July 13 #14

along the line of faux sympathy for celebs, there is this from "FatJewish" (wait, its not Steven???)
    "Comedian Josh Ostrovsky, known for his Instagram account The Fat Jewish, created a GoFundMe page to dedicated to raising the last $100 million in her way. “Kylie Jenner was on the cover of Forbes Magazine today for having a net worth of 900 million dollars, which is heartbreaking,” he wrote. “I don’t want to live in a world where Kylie Jenner doesn’t have a billion dollars. WE MUST RAISE 100 MILLION DOLLARS TO HELP HER GET TO A BILLION, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.”
    36$ raised so far.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/theres-a-gofundme-dedicated-to-raising-dollar100m-for-kylie-jenner-to-become-a-billionaire/ar-AAzZLTF?li=BBnbfcL

Balding, yeah. Fat, most definitely not.

How long till Papa sues the ever loving crap out of the PR firm, and retires?

I'm sure Papa will be just fine.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,029 Senior Member

I love how people will eat $hitty pizza because the owner of said $hitty pizza company aligns with them politically. Ha ha.

Who did that?

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,707 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    Who did that?

Maybe it was Papa Murphy?

Do they have those outside of Utah?

@NZ Indicator said:

@MikeA said:
    Who did that?

Maybe it was Papa Murphy?

I don't do that one either. I gotta cook it myself, for that price??
    We have a New York Family here who run a place called Salvos. That's my place.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,707 Senior Member
    edited July 18 #23

Ha! One of my local pizza establishments is also called Salvoa

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,900 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Yes. I know in CO, NV and CA for sure

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,900 Senior Member

My boy has celiacs so we typically have store bought gluten free pizza. But apparently Pizza Hut and I think dominos have gf pizza now. But I can’t stand the thought of eating that crap

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,829 Senior Member

We have papa Murphy’s. I think it’s more of a PITA than it’s worth but the wife loves it.

@Shawn C. said:
    I love how people will eat $hitty pizza because the owner of said $hitty pizza company aligns with them politically. Ha ha.

Good grief Charlie Brown.
    First thing I ask when someone says pizza, exactly what is the pizza parlors political stand.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,173 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    We have papa Murphy’s. I think it’s more of a PITA than it’s worth but the wife loves it.

Only problem with Papa Murphy's is the wait when you take it out of the oven. I always burn the roof of my mouth by digging in to fast. At other places when you pick it up, it's cooled enough to eat by the time you get home.
    Now that's a first world problem right there.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,029 Senior Member

Wayne, Mike,

Same people that showed up in droves to Chick-Fil-A because Palin told them to. And Jesus and gays or something.

Same people who smashed their $100 Keurig coffee makers because Hannity told them to.

@fishingcomic said:

Iowa has them. Never tried it.

Pizza here sucks, but pizza everywhere besides New York and Chicago sucks. Best pizza I've found so far is from Casey's gas stations.

HyVee has Gino's East in the frozen section.

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:

Iowa has them. Never tried it.

Pizza here sucks, but pizza everywhere besides New York and Chicago sucks. Best pizza I've found so far is from Casey's gas stations.

HyVee has Gino's East in the frozen section.

You can get good pizza in most of the Mid-Atlantic and sourthern New England. It's mostly New York style, but you also will find wood-fired brick oven pizza occasionally.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.