Whats your top issue this fall?

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,376 Senior Member

Black people BBQ’ing without a permit.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,796 Senior Member

Certainly not immigration.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

Healthcare, environment, wealth gap.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,952 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Black people BBQ’ing without a permit.

That probably is mine as well. If I moved somewhat north to Harrisburg, or a bit east to York it might well change to black politicians knocking on my door.

The Horror!, The Horror!

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,924 Senior Member

Asian beetles. They infested our new house last fall. They have to be stopped!

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

It’s Asian-American beetles. Why do you southerners always have to be racist. ;)

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 125 Senior Member
    edited July 8 #8

Chickening. Angry chickens are my top issue. Right along with that is the whole public lands thing. They go hand-in-hand.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,887 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    It’s Asian-American beetles. Why do you southerners always have to be racist. ;)

They hate immigrants.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,372 Senior Member

My top issue this fall is shooting more grouse.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 161 Senior Member
    edited July 8 #11

Actually, having a congress that will control the POTUS more effectively, and keep him from doing stupid things that hurt the country. GOP congressmen seem at a loss to stop him on stupid tariffs and such, and his NATO and Korea actions could encourage scary confrontations. Tie him up with House investigations by a Dem majority and he would be reined in quite a bit.
    Never thought gridlock would be good.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,376 Senior Member

Gridlock is always good.

Because no matter how bad the current situation is....it could always be worse.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,792 Senior Member

I've got nothing sine I was redistricted a few years ago my vote mean less than jack $hit. I got lumped in with downtown Denver, so my ballot isn't even worth being used for toilet paper.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,952 Senior Member
    edited July 9 #14

@jbilly said:
    I've got nothing sine I was redistricted a few years ago my vote mean less than jack $hit. I got lumped in with downtown Denver, so my ballot isn't even worth being used for toilet paper.

The Horror, The Horror. :)

Now you know what it feels like when GOPpers got to redraw Congressional districts in a state like mine (PA). Our state SC overturned it as overly egregious gerrymandering, and SCOTUS upheld that. The GOP now is biotching, perhaps somewhat rightfully so, because our Congressional districts now have been drawn by the (Dem majority) state SC rather than the (GOPoT majority) state legislature. Aside from politics, there is a valid constitutional issue there, but OTOH, it would not have arisen had the GOPoT not gone berserk on gerrymandering the redistricting after the 2010 census. What goes around comes around, as they say.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,047 Senior Member

@jbilly said:

Haha - bet you love some Degette. You are correct, might as well not vote.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,410 Senior Member

Playing sitting guard.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,792 Senior Member

@CO Native said:

@jbilly said:

Haha - bet you love some Degette. You are correct, might as well not vote.

Oh yeah, shes the best...barfffff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file