2»

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,792 Senior Member

@sherb said:

I'm glad I live where I live.

And by that you mean in Idaho with like 12 black people. 🤣🤣🤣

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,416 Senior Member

@jbilly said:

That is because nothing ever happens in Iowa.

We got wrestling...and the state fair...and wrestling.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,379 Senior Member

@jbilly said:

@sherb said:

Fair, but I mostly meant people don't call the cops over lemonade stands.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,711 Senior Member

This ain't a regional thing.

This for example. . .

http://thehill.com/homenews/395849-white-man-apologizes-after-cursing-neighbors-for-playing-latin-music-on-fourth-of

If people here called the police for this, the Police would do nothing but respond to these calls.

****, Buffy, maybe my place isn't special but it feels like it!

@sherb said:

@jbilly said:

@sherb said:

Fair, but I mostly meant people don't call the cops over lemonade stands.

Oh I knew that, was just being a smart a$$

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,734 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    I assumed that that was the number for the lady whose business consisted of selling weed to pets.

No seriously. She's the one who called in the menace that was the lemonade stand.

"I sell weed to dogs. But I will not stand for an 8 year old selling lemonade."

I need some digits for her. My dog is cra-cra and could use some weed. Labs be crazy. Awesome, but soooooo much energy. Hey, Sherb: How is Buddy P. doing?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,912 Senior Member

@jbilly said:
    That Oakland one was special.

Just another reason to love CA right comic.
    🤣

More of a reason to hate gentrification.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@sherb said:
    This for example. . .

http://thehill.com/homenews/395849-white-man-apologizes-after-cursing-neighbors-for-playing-latin-music-on-fourth-of

If people here called the police for this, the Police would do nothing but respond to these calls.

****, Buffy, maybe my place isn't special but it feels like it!

More evidence that alcohol causes racism.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@sherb said:
    I assumed that that was the number for the lady whose business consisted of selling weed to pets.

No seriously. She's the one who called in the menace that was the lemonade stand.

"I sell weed to dogs. But I will not stand for an 8 year old selling lemonade."

The sad thing is I heard she was doing that without a permit.

@Buffco said:
    Only white, liberal, yankees do this. And call southerners racist.

This was South Carolina.

http://thehill.com/homenews/395820-man-fired-after-video-of-him-asking-black-woman-for-id-at-community-pool-goes-viral

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,734 Senior Member

I think most of us can agree that racism is everywhere. Except “Netflix Joe.” He’s pretty sure it doesn’t exist anymore. ;)

edited July 9 #45

Wait. . . I found a unicorn. I found a legitimate complaint requiring immediate law enforcement attention. This woman at a community pool called the police because. . .(checks notes) a black person wore his socks in the pool.

This is clearly a matter for law enforcement.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/396099-white-woman-fired-after-calling-cops-on-black-man-for-wearing

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,047 Senior Member

Well, wearing socks into a pool should be against the law if it's not already.

Pretty sure that happened a few years ago. I remember seeing that

Yeap 2016....sadly things haven't improved

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 161 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@jbilly said:

That is because nothing ever happens in Iowa.

We got wrestling...and the state fair...and wrestling.

Tornadoes and drought, also giant hailstones. Anything to cop some sympathy.

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 900 Senior Member

In an odd sort of way of backing Steven up (hey, stranger things can happen, right) I got one of the best burritos I've ever had in Iowa. I suspect unknowing people mistake Indiana for Iowa. Incidentally Iowa also has a very good public radio classical music channel.

Jim

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file