I have just gotten the lasik lasered into my eyes.

bmmikebmmike Posts: 92 Member

They are que burning but holy heck I can see double que far, no glasses required.

They’ve been telling my for years am good candidate as prescription hadn’t changed in 10+ years and I did the preconsult a few time but my followthru not the best. Just went for it this time.

No more carrying 2 pairs glasses around for me.

Replies

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,273 Senior Member

How old are you?

I was told to wait until after 50 before I do something like this. Got my first prescription at 43 and I'm 46 now and it's changed once so far between now and then.

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 14 #3

I am 36.

It just depends on if your eyes are changing or no. My sister got hers in her 20s and now she needs again (tho her vision hasn’t gotten nearly as bad as it was). My mother got hers when she was que old (still is) and hers is great.

Also one of guys at work got his in late 20s, something like 20 years ago in early days of lasik and his is still great.

I guess it just depends.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 996 Senior Member

You just had it done today? You should be sleeping. Be sure not to rub them!!!

I caught a tree branch in the eye and it broke my contact lens in my eye and scratched it up pretty bad. They didn't think I could wear contacts without some work, so I broke down and had the lasik done. That's been over 15 years ago.
    My long distance vision is still better than 20-20 but my up close is getting worse all the time. Old age setting in. So I carry reading glasses now, no big deal.

They told me no napping or sleeping until tonight so instead of being bored I went over the pass to Bozeman and negotiated with a 13 year old girl for some of her young racing pigeons to add to my new loft. Much more funner.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,273 Senior Member

@bmmike said:

It just depends on if your eyes are changing or no. My sister got hers in her 20s and now she needs again (tho her vision hasn’t gotten nearly as bad as it was).

That's why my eye doctor told me to wait. He said vision keeps changing until you are about 50-55 then it stops changing. I guess he was trying to save me from having to do lasik 2 or 3 times.

I went in for my follow up this morning and was able to read all the 20/10 letters. Usually you get to 20/15 I guess. The tech said she’d only seen a handful of people able to read those lines. This whole thing is pretty amazing. Glad I finally decided to do it.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,271 Senior Member

@bmmike said:
    They told me no napping or sleeping until tonight so instead of being bored I went over the pass to Bozeman and negotiated with a 13 year old girl for some of her young racing pigeons to add to my new loft. Much more funner.

I thought you lived in Maryland?

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,162 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@bmmike said:

I always forget that you aren't on facebook.

I’ve lived in Montana for a couple years now.

@sherb said:

@Steven said:

@bmmike said:

I’m off, too. I gave it a year or so and had enough.

@bmmike said:
    I’ve lived in Montana for a couple years now.

Good for you. Belated congratulations.

@sherb said:

I'm not 13, a housewife, or a perv.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file