Trump wants to Pardon Ali

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 2,167 Senior Member

He should probably glance at the procedural history of the case first.

Replies

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 888 Senior Member

Trump's pardon would be Ali's stain.

Jim

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,702 Senior Member

Didn't the court overturn the decision on Ali? Is there anything to pardon?

Why would Kadet Bone Spurs pardon somebody who said he was a conscientious objector?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,131 Senior Member

Wasn't it in `1973 that the the supremes unanimously turned over his conviction? I even remember that and I hardly remember anything.

Can't wait until he hires that FOX news/TV judge to replace Rudy, or maybe name her to the supreme court. Then we will finally see some justice in this country. oops time to get to work.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member

Yes. That’s the joke. :)

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,812 Senior Member

Perhaps he will pardon the Supremes for preempting him.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,812 Senior Member

@Wetdog said:
    Wasn't it in `1973 that the the supremes unanimously turned over his conviction? I even remember that and I hardly remember anything.

Can't wait until he hires that FOX news/TV judge to replace Rudy, or maybe name her to the supreme court. Then we will finally see some justice in this country. oops time to get to work.

You - and probably everyone else here - would enjoy reading "Supreme Courtship" by Christopher Buckley. (Siring him was the best thing William F. ever did.)

https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Courtship-Christopher-Buckley/dp/0446697982

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,131 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Yes. That’s the joke. :)

I know but....No, the real joke has not yet come to fruition.
    I really fear for the justice department and the separation of powers.

The job of the justice department, as explained to me, it to defend federal law, now they have moved into
    policy" making."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/07/us/politics/trump-affordable-care-act.html

that would be interesting George, unfortunately I can't read very much until my brain takes a hike. I sure hope I can read again soon, or rather, have the desire to.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member

@George K said:

@Wetdog said:

You - and probably everyone else here - would enjoy reading "Supreme Courtship" by Christopher Buckley. (Siring him was the best thing William F. ever did.)

https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Courtship-Christopher-Buckley/dp/0446697982

I read it and enjoyed it. I could see Trump doing something like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file