Anthony Bourdain Committed Suicide

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 2,279 Senior Member

He was well respected in the BJJ world as one of the few celebrities that actually attended classes as opposed to just privates. He won the Master's division of the NY Open as a blue belt and was previously married to black belt elite competitor Ottavia Bourdain.

Replies

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,785 Senior Member

I always found him to be somewhat of a pompous, arrogant **** but I sure did like him.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,812 Senior Member
    edited June 8 #3

RIP. His TV shows were entertaining. His book "Kitchen Confidential" is a great read, although it might put you off eating at restaurants for a while.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,614 Senior Member

This totally sucks. Love his shows, especially No Reservations. What a great, great story teller. RIP, Anthony.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,708 Senior Member

His philosophy was you really can get to know people by having a meal with them. His show and United Shades of America are the two best things to come out of CNN in a long time.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,131 Senior Member

Not welcome news. note.

I just remembered who Steven is or was. I remember fishing and eating with him several times, so much for comics observation about knowing someone when you eat with them. I remember his laugh, and some choice comments of his. Funny, it now seems that we are strangers. Hey Orvis man, I hope you have a good life.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file