What Are the Odds?

2»

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member

@George K said:
    Vile comments of any sort against anyone are objectionable, and families of politicians and officials should be off-limits.

But Ivanka is not just family, she is an official advisor to the President with her own White House office. She's fair game for fair criticism. Ditto for Jared.

I don't think a picture of her holding her kid and calling her a C*nt qualifies as legitimate criticism. But again, the problem with Samantha Bee is not that she's offensive; its that she's unfunny and trite.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member

@sherb said:

@George K said:
    Vile comments of any sort against anyone are objectionable, and families of politicians and officials should be off-limits.

But Ivanka is not just family, she is an official advisor to the President with her own White House office. She's fair game for fair criticism. Ditto for Jared.

I don't think a picture of her holding her kid and calling her a C*nt qualifies as legitimate criticism. But again, the problem with Samantha Bee is not that she's offensive; its that she's unfunny and trite.

Looks like I'm missing all the good stuff since I cut the cable... NOT

edited May 2018 #34

@sherb said:

@George K said:

Looks like I'm missing all the good stuff since I cut the cable... NOT

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member

@sherb said:

I don't think a picture of her holding her kid and calling her a C*nt qualifies as legitimate criticism.

I agree. Remember, I sad fair game for fair criticism.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member

Well, she is c*** but it still wasn't cool for Samantha Bee to say so on cable TV.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,322 Senior Member

Is she still Jewish? Wasn't she a convert?

@Steven said:

@fishingcomic said:
    Is she still Jewish? Wasn't she a convert?

She was born Jewish...in Salt Lake City of all places. That had to be weird.

Tom Arnold converted.

I think over the years, she's tried all kinds of different things.

I used the expression Oy Vey here and people had no idea what it meant.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@MikeA said:
    That's just the latest of a constant bashing of this family by the same media who is constantly fake outraged over bullying. Trump deserves alof of the negativity he gets. His family not so much. MSM should be better than that or **** about it.

You voted for a president that calls women pigs and makes comments about their menstrual cycles, I don't think you should be talking about anyone being above anything. BTW she is not just his family, she is a member of his administration and making a pretty penny for herself from doing it.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the car review, George. I also like the Audi Allroad but it looks so small. The BMW 328 Wagon but I have no idea if I can install a hitch (smallish yard and camping trailer). I'll probably end up with another 6 cyl. Outback but I'd like to cast my net a bit further this time. Part of me wouldn't mind owning a truck but I don't want to have to pay for a truck! Have you seen the prices for pick ups these days? Insanity!

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member

So glad I don't watch any TV. This has no impact on my life whatsoever.

@Shawn C. said:
    Thanks for the car review, George. I also like the Audi Allroad but it looks so small. The BMW 328 Wagon but I have no idea if I can install a hitch (smallish yard and camping trailer). I'll probably end up with another 6 cyl. Outback but I'd like to cast my net a bit further this time. Part of me wouldn't mind owning a truck but I don't want to have to pay for a truck! Have you seen the prices for pick ups these days? Insanity!

Have you looked at the VW Atlas or Toyota 4runner?

You can also pickup a nice used truck for the price you are willing to pay.

I just priced a brand new 4runner with the dealer and it's only coming in at $34k

@fishingcomic said:

I used the expression Oy Vey here and people had no idea what it meant.

You should have tried "Oy gevalt". :)

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:
    That's just the latest of a constant bashing of this family by the same media who is constantly fake outraged over bullying. Trump deserves alof of the negativity he gets. His family not so much. MSM should be better than that or **** about it.

You voted for a president that calls women pigs and makes comments about their menstrual cycles, I don't think you should be talking about anyone being above anything. BTW she is not just his family, she is a member of his administration and making a pretty penny for herself from doing it.

I voted for a guy who can and does fight back against the left’s nastiness. The last few lacked the kahunas and tried to hold the moral high ground while having their character assassinated over and over again. We all know how that worked out.

@MikeA said:

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

I voted for a guy who can and does fight back against the left’s nastiness. The last few lacked the kahunas and tried to hold the moral high ground while having their character assassinated over and over again. We all know how that worked out.

I appreciate this ray of truth. You voted for the guy who would stick it to the left. I just wish the huuuuge numbers of Trump voters/supporters would also admit this.

Sure, its like burning down your house to get rid of the mice but whatever...

It was a gamble for sure but the alternative was far worse.

@MikeA said:
    It was a gamble for sure but the alternative was far worse.

This is debatable. 2016 was the worst choice I have seen in my lifetime, but an experienced, competent sleazebag is preferable to an unstable, narcissistic sleazebag with the emotional maturity of a sixth grader, at least in my opinion.

If Trump really goes through with painful tariffs against our closest allies and friends - Canada, Mexico and the EU are national security threats? Really? - the countervailing duties will be targeted at Trumpistan sectors of the economy such as Midwestern agriculture, Harley hogs, KY and TN booze and other politically painful items.

He was a filthy vile piece of dung long before he ran for president and now he has infected the Whitehouse with his vulgarity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.