What Are the Odds?

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 9,693 Senior Member

That Fox will pick up the "Roseanne" show?

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,428 Senior Member

Doubtful
    Looks like many associated with the show are running for the exits

Way to go RB---Surgically stealing defeat out of the jaws of victory

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member

God I hate that woman and her show. Couldn't believe it made a comeback. What's worse is that I see the Teutul's and American chopper are coming back too.
    What is wrong with these TV people?

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,639 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #4

What are the odds that HBO will cancel Bill Maher. Netflix will cancel Wolf's show and pull Griffin's shows. Fox isn't the one paying all these nasty people, so I don't know why you would suggest they would start now. It was ABC after all who put the crazy lady back on the air... The left does something stupid and Fox gets the blame. SMH.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 3,557 Senior Member
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 2,428 Senior Member

Reminds of that old sick joke.......When I die---I wanna go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa----and not like the others screaming in the car

Ha!

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,589 Senior Member

Mike, That’s because Fox News is the most deplorable institution in this whole country. They make Blackwater, Big Pharma and the MIC look like Girl Scouts.

Evidently you haven't watched CNN in a while.

You’re right, I haven’t. We “cut the cord” about two years ago.

I am forced to listen to CNN, fox, and npr on sat radio on my hour plus daily commute. I also cut the cord years ago. Do you understand my crazy rants better now? :)

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 982 Senior Member

I would assume you don't commute alone, else the 'off' switch would come into play very quickly. Then again, the group conversation might be even worse than news broadcasts. I was very glad when my 'group' commutes to San Francisco ended in 1980; the quiet was worth the added expense.

Jim

Carpool, Mike?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member

Siruis/XM has a lot of music channels. Most of my presets are music except for NPR and Bloomberg.

All of mine are music except for the MLB channel.

I loved XM in my three previous cars, but I now have a Volvo with Sirius and am not willing to pay double just to be able to listen to the occasional baseball game in the car. I never listen to the sports available on Sirius. I know this is due to contracts from before the two sat radio companies merged, but by now I think it is just a scam to extort money from subscribers. I also have noticed that the radio sound quality on Sirius is significantly lower than on XM. All four of these cars have had very good step-up sound systems judged by listening to CDs and HD FM radio.

It may sound silly, but I do not think I would buy another car without XM. Screw Sirius.

George, how is the Volvo treating you? It’s the XC70 wagon, right?
    I’m looking at the V90 Cross Country as an option for my next car and I’d be interested to hear your opinions.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,195 Senior Member

To get back on topic, somewhat.

How was it that Barr picked Jarrett to insult? I can't seem to find the reason.

Roseanne Barr: Proof that even Jews can be trailer trash.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,322 Senior Member

Is she still Jewish? Wasn't she a convert?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member

So glad I don't watch any TV. This has no impact on my life whatsoever.

edited May 2018 #21

“Ivanka Trump, who works at the White House, chose to post the second most oblivious tweet we’ve seen this week,”Samantha Bee, TBS' “Full Frontal” host, said during an opening segment on Wednesday’s show focused on separating migrant children from their parents at the Mexico-United States border.
    Displaying a Sunday tweet from President Trump’s 36-year-old daughter featuring an image of her holding her son, Bee said, “You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say one mother to another: do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless c--t.”

@Shawn C. said:
    George, how is the Volvo treating you? It’s the XC70 wagon, right?
    I’m looking at the V90 Cross Country as an option for my next car and I’d be interested to hear your opinions.

My wife drives an XC70, her third one, and she loves them. They're now discontinued, at least here in North America. Mine is a 2016 XC60 that I bought certified when it had 5,000 miles on it and had been in use for 11 months. It had been the dealer's parts manager's company car and he hardly used it. I got a great deal and the closer was Volvo's certified warranty - 7 years from the original registration and 100,000 miles bumper-to-bumper. Since it had only dealer plates legally I am the original owner. I would not have paid anywhere near the grossly overblown sticker price, but the 2017s were an all new model and they were eager to get rid of new and used 2016s.

It's a nice driver; quiet, smooth ride with very comfortable seats and a subdued but well finished interior. Mine is a top trim level model with almost every bell and whistle available, including all the safety features. Handling is good, it's not in the BMW X3 or Audi A5 league but it is far more comfortable than those and it holds a lot more cargo than any other "compact crossover SUV", which was important for me. It carries as much as a Lexus RX350 or a BMW X5, perhaps a bit more. I have a T6 with a 3.0 straight 6 turbo with plenty of smooth power. I average 23+ mpg and will get around 26mpg on a long trip. Not great, but at least it's on regular gas.

It's been reliable. A few electronic glitches required updating software, and two sensors required replacement. Nothing serious or dangerous.

I've driven the V90, not the XC version. It's a nice, if overpriced car, with two things I really do not like. The deal killer for me are the controls. All newer Volvos have replaced most knobs and buttons with what is basically an iPad above the console. It's counter-intuitive to use and takes too much time away from paying attention to the road. It's not just me. Every review of a new Volvo that I have read has commented on this.

The other thing I do not like is Volvo's new 4 cylinder engine. As loaners I have driven various models with turbo and turbo plus supercharger configurations. They all have been rough and noisy, even after a couple of years of production experience Volvo has not made them any smoother or quieter. I've had VW and SAAB 4 cylinder turbos that were far more refined.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 3,195 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Is she still Jewish? Wasn't she a convert?

She was born Jewish...in Salt Lake City of all places. That had to be weird.

Tom Arnold converted.

I think over the years, she's tried all kinds of different things.

@MikeA said:
    “Ivanka Trump, who works at the White House, chose to post the second most oblivious tweet we’ve seen this week,”Samantha Bee, TBS' “Full Frontal” host, said during an opening segment on Wednesday’s show focused on separating migrant children from their parents at the Mexico-United States border.
    Displaying a Sunday tweet from President Trump’s 36-year-old daughter featuring an image of her holding her son, Bee said, “You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say one mother to another: do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless c--t.”

classless. Also, not funny.

edited May 2018 #25

That's just the latest of a constant bashing of this family by the same media who is constantly fake outraged over bullying. Trump deserves alof of the negativity he gets. His family not so much. MSM should be better than that or **** about it.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member

If she would have said that about a black person, she'd be fired by now, but because Ivanka is white, it's ok. She's another person I have no use for.
    Honestly, there are thousands of shows on TV that could go away and I would never miss them.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #27

Good stuff that Twitter...

Yeah, she caught hell for it too. She will be lucky to keep her job after giving people her "phone number" which turned out to be a suicide hotline. She won't be fired for tweeting about Barbara Bush.

My problem isn't with her politics. She has opinions that are shocking to lay people but anodyne in academia. My problem with her is that she used the word "heteropatriarchy" without irony. seriously, who does that?

Vile comments of any sort against anyone are objectionable, and families of politicians and officials should be off-limits.

But Ivanka is not just family, she is an official advisor to the President with her own White House office. She's fair game for fair criticism. Ditto for Jared.

Speaking of Ivanka, are the Trumpista's here satisfied that it is pure coincidence that her private business received 13 expedited trademark registrations from the Chinese government, and then days later President Trump announced he wanted to save ZTE to protect Chinese jobs? This despite the the advice of the entire intelligence community not to and the bi-partisan objection of Congress? I confess I am not.

edited May 2018 #30

@sherb said:

My problem isn't with her politics. She has opinions that are shocking to lay people but anodyne in academia. My problem with her is that she used the word "heteropatriarchy" without irony. seriously, who does that?

I am as straight as a Roman road, and after the death of a cousin the pater familias. Does this make me part of the dread heteropatriarchy? If so, do I get special tax breaks or discounts at Walmart?

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 272 Senior Member

Perhaps we should entertain the possibility that Roseanne is on the mental decline, either by nature or substance abuse. Either way, she needs a long vacation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.